Otter chews on the Furniture

Old June 11th 13, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

Default Otter chews on the Furniture

Duck: I like the first one the best. Although a somewhat ordinary
sight, the patterns and angles do add interest, and it is not too
complex to be distracting, which is my complaint about the other two.

Cooper: They fit the mandate. I like the colors of the Dead Man's
Hand. But overall, I guess the models are just not my thing. It's
kinda neat that you have the dogs playing poker in 3D, though.

KPet I'm impressed almost every time I see your work. You have a
nice eye for color. The first picture is ordinary, almost banal, but
somehow you make it work. The second one I just find pleasing to look
at.

PhotoPhartz: Did your parents really name you that? An eclectic
collection of furniture and items on them, for sure. All three
pictures I found interesting, in their own way.

Bowser: I bet you had second thoughts on how good of an idea this
furniture mandate was. The steel ladder on the the earthmover was
definitely interesting. I like that shot. I guess the furniture was
the stone bench it ran into.

Pablo: Hey Pablo, I like your pics this time. Simple. Abstract.
Nice colors in the two color shots.

Sandman: I have mixed feelings on this one, but ultimately it just
doesn't work for me. But I have to know, what is the slot for? And
why does the bottom of the slot look weird? There must be a back
story to this picture.

PeterN: Very nice this time. The headless tramp is priceless. I like
the Monhegan chairs, too, although I suspect the birds are not
entirely natural. Was one bird holding a steak knife and fork?
Old June 11th 13, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

On 6/10/2013 10:55 PM, otter wrote:

PeterN: Very nice this time. The headless tramp is priceless. I like
the Monhegan chairs, too, although I suspect the birds are not
entirely natural. Was one bird holding a steak knife and fork?

They were real birds. Just not flying over Monhegan Island at that time.
Good seeing. I thought I did a good job of placing them.

--
PeterN
Old June 11th 13, 08:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article
,
otter wrote:

Sandman: I have mixed feelings on this one, but ultimately it just
doesn't work for me. But I have to know, what is the slot for? And
why does the bottom of the slot look weird? There must be a back
story to this picture.

It's a bar stool, the slot is for carrying it. I see what you mean about
it looking off. The glare on the floor makes the color in the slot just
flat, so you don't get any sense that you're seeing the floor through
it, which bothers me a lot now that you said it

--
Sandman[.net]
Old June 11th 13, 01:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

On Jun 10, 10:07*pm, PeterN wrote:
On 6/10/2013 10:55 PM, otter wrote:

PeterN: Very nice this time. *The headless tramp is priceless. *I like
the Monhegan chairs, too, although I suspect the birds are not
entirely natural. *Was one bird holding a steak knife and fork?

They were real birds. Just not flying over Monhegan Island at that time.
Good seeing. I thought I did a good job of placing them.

It is just too implausible that they would be flying so symmetrically,
and two of the birds are identical. Maybe it is just one bird too
far.
Old June 11th 13, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/11/2013 3:00 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article
,
otter wrote:

Sandman: I have mixed feelings on this one, but ultimately it just
doesn't work for me. But I have to know, what is the slot for? And
why does the bottom of the slot look weird? There must be a back
story to this picture.

It's a bar stool, the slot is for carrying it. I see what you mean about
it looking off. The glare on the floor makes the color in the slot just
flat, so you don't get any sense that you're seeing the floor through
it, which bothers me a lot now that you said it

I can think of other uses for a slot in a bar stool, however the
location would have to be....er...different. ;-)

Well, this is the proper place to put a "Uh, no comments"

--
Sandman[.net]
Old June 11th 13, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

On Jun 11, 9:21*am, PeterN wrote:
On 6/11/2013 8:30 AM, otter wrote: On Jun 10, 10:07 pm, PeterN wrote:
On 6/10/2013 10:55 PM, otter wrote:

PeterN: Very nice this time. *The headless tramp is priceless. *I like
the Monhegan chairs, too, although I suspect the birds are not
entirely natural. *Was one bird holding a steak knife and fork?

They were real birds. Just not flying over Monhegan Island at that time.
Good seeing. I thought I did a good job of placing them.

It is just too implausible that they would be flying so symmetrically,
and two of the birds are identical. *Maybe it is just one bird too
far.

Luck often helps:

http://peternewman.smugmug.com/Photography/Landscapes/21271534_mw4B9R...

That picture has just enough variation to be plausible.

Old June 12th 13, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:55:14 -0700 (PDT), otter
wrote:

Bowser: I bet you had second thoughts on how good of an idea this
furniture mandate was. The steel ladder on the the earthmover was
definitely interesting. I like that shot. I guess the furniture was
the stone bench it ran into.

Well, based on the definition of furniture, posted in the rulz page,
the ladder fits fine:

fur·ni·ture [fur-ni-cher] noun
1. the movable articles, as tables, chairs, desks or cabinets,
required for use or ornament in a house, office, or the like.
2. fittings, apparatus, or necessary accessories for something.
3. equipment for streets and other public areas, as lighting
standards, signs, benches, or litter bins.

:-)
Old June 13th 13, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

wrote:

Bowser: *I bet you had second thoughts on how good of an idea this
furniture mandate was. *The steel ladder on the the earthmover was
definitely interesting. *I like that shot. *I guess the furniture was
the stone bench it ran into.

Well, based on the definition of furniture, posted in the rulz page,
the ladder fits fine:

fur·ni·ture [fur-ni-cher] noun
1. the movable articles, as tables, chairs, desks or cabinets,
required for use or ornament in a house, office, or the like.
2. fittings, apparatus, or necessary accessories for something.
3. equipment for streets and other public areas, as lighting
standards, signs, benches, or litter bins.

:-)

Oh, OK, never mind then. I like this definition:

A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking: "the
mental furniture of the Bostonian".