Usenet Bullies exposed - help rid Usenet of them.

Old May 24th 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ANNIKA1980.com[_2_]

Default Usenet Bullies exposed - help rid Usenet of them.

A Usenet bully is someone who targets other people with often
defamatory but always degrading posts and replies. The practice of on-
line bullying is illegal in Canada and some states of the USA.

It is therefore surprising to see a Canadian engaging in bullying,
considering the likelihood of prosecution in her own country. The
Queensland Education department also has guidelines published for
dealing with bullies. It is equally surprising to find a Queensland
teacher engaged in Usenet bullying too.

I guess there is no end to how far a bully will go. Even to the point
of using bisexual association news servers Usenet.com.au) to post
baited messages to photo groups and engage in illegal activities
trying to hack into their target's accounts in the hope of succeeding
in their ultimate goal: Interference to or obliteration of a person's
Usenet activities.

I've written a short page about the tragic effort of three of the
photo group's worse bullies.
Bret Douglas
Helen Silverberg
Charles Stevens
At : http://www.annika1980.com/bullying.htm

Even if you don't care what they do, you should understand the nature
of on-line bullies because if any of you ever say anything they take
offence at; you may very well be their next target.

Julian

Old May 24th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Dyer-Bennet

ANNIKA1980.com wrote:

Even if you don't care what they do, you should understand the nature
of on-line bullies because if any of you ever say anything they take
offence at; you may very well be their next target.

So, are you saying that anybody who criticizes something you say more
than three times, you will try to hound off of Usenet by any means
possible? Kinda sounds like that, from reading the web page you linked,
and claim to have authored. Which sounds very much like bullying to me.
If that's not what you mean, you'd probably better do some rewriting,
or you'll find the few sane people who bother to read it lining up
against you rather than with you.
Old May 24th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
ANNIKA1980.com wrote:

Even if you don't care what they do, you should understand the nature
of on-line bullies because if any of you ever say anything they take
offence at; you may very well be their next target.

So, are you saying that anybody who criticizes something you say more
than three times, you will try to hound off of Usenet by any means
possible? Kinda sounds like that, from reading the web page you linked,
and claim to have authored. Which sounds very much like bullying to me.
If that's not what you mean, you'd probably better do some rewriting,
or you'll find the few sane people who bother to read it lining up
against you rather than with you.

Here's another thought: Shut up! If you think you are assisting Douglas,
you're quite mistaken, as you're simply adding fuel to the fire, which
could go back to smoldering state if everyone would just stfu.

--
john mcwilliams
Old May 24th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Dyer-Bennet

John McWilliams wrote:
David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
ANNIKA1980.com wrote:

Even if you don't care what they do, you should understand the nature
of on-line bullies because if any of you ever say anything they take
offence at; you may very well be their next target.

So, are you saying that anybody who criticizes something you say more
than three times, you will try to hound off of Usenet by any means
possible? Kinda sounds like that, from reading the web page you
linked, and claim to have authored. Which sounds very much like
bullying to me. If that's not what you mean, you'd probably better
do some rewriting, or you'll find the few sane people who bother to
read it lining up against you rather than with you.

Here's another thought: Shut up! If you think you are assisting Douglas,
you're quite mistaken, as you're simply adding fuel to the fire, which
could go back to smoldering state if everyone would just stfu.

I'm not too interested in just sitting here while another bully
publishes his manifesto and sets up shop. It's possible that the
manifesto, as originally published, has given me a false impression, so
I've posted suggesting the need for clarification if that's the case.

Your response of "shut up" does not make me feel too good about that
interpretation, though.

I'm not sure what "Douglas" you're referring to, but I have no special
fondness for anybody of that name in this group, and I'm not responding
primarily to defend a friend. I'm responding just to what was in the
manifesto and the post pointing at it -- I've been reading rather
selectively, and mostly skipping the cat-fights, so I don't know who's
done what to whom.

Old May 24th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
ANNIKA1980.com wrote:

[...]

OMG, David, my bad, and I am sorry. I can't believe I didn't reply off
the first post, which not only was my intention, I couldn't believe I
didn't notice that it looked like it could be a response to you. My
entire comment was addressed to Julian, and I hadn't thought that it
might be interpreted as a reply to your thoughts.

I have far too much respect for you to speak that way even if I were in
entire disagreement with what or how you said something. I don't recall
coming close to disagreeing with you, much less vehemently.

Please forgive this horrible oversight, and I hope you accept my apologies.

John
Old May 25th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On May 24, 4:26 am, "ANNIKA1980.com"
wrote:
[...]

Haven't heard from that shrew for some time.

Old June 3rd 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jaf

Ignore them.
They are overgrown 4 year olds starving for attention.
If they don't get attention they will go away.

--
John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

ups.com...