Nikon D70 Doubts.....Question.....

Old July 28th 04, 02:52 PM

Default Nikon D70 Doubts.....Question.....

Mark Mestman wrote:
Is anyone here other than me, nervous about the fact that the lovely
Nikon D70 is made in Thailand instead of Japan???

What's the difference? As long as Nikon honors its warranty,
you should have no difficult in the worst case scenerio of
the camera being defective.

Old July 28th 04, 09:36 PM

Mark Mestman wrote:
: Is anyone here other than me, nervous about the fact that the lovely
: Nikon D70 is made in Thailand instead of Japan???

: I played with a D70 at the local camera shop today----handles and
: shoots like a dream, with the fastest cycle rate and fastest autofocus
: rate I've ever seen.

: Problem is, I am accustomed to Nikon being synonomous with "Made in
: Japan," with all the expected top-level craftsmanship the Japanese
: have to offer. How does "Made in Thailand" compare to this?

: Is anyone else here doubtful at about this camera for this or any
: other reason?

: Do we know what the reliability of this camera might be?

: I absolutely love this camera and want to buy it, but I have just a
: nagging doubt. Any opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

: Thanks!

: Mark

Doesn't matter where anything is made, its the QC system that is in place
that counts. I guess you're not old enough to remember the days when made
in Japan was junk. I've had my D70 for 3 months and love it.