photo backpack & ...

Old July 14th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Jimbo

Default photo backpack & ...

can anyone recommend a local store around/in Philly that carries a
decent supply of photo backpacks - lowepro, tamrac, etc? Looking for a
main compartment that has the removable velco compartments - at the
bare minimum I would like to fit 1 camera body and up to 4 lenses - one
of which is a 400mm close to 10" tall if not taller - I'll assume the
outside pockets will always be big enough for film, batteries, cloths,
filters, etc. If not from philly, can you recommend a specific bag?

secondly, I'm looking to pick up a 72mm and 77mm circular polarizer -
most likely I will buy them online later today from KEH.com - great
online store by the way with new and decent used equipment at gretly
reduced prices - and no worries - they are a reputable co. out of
Atlanta - have bought from them for years - they even paid for the
return of a photo bag I bought that I ended up not wanting

anyway, since I have 2 lenses with a 72mm thread size - both of which
will share the circ polar - I was thinking of getting a 72mm warming or
color correction filter - any advice on getting one vs the other? At
home I have a filter that has 812 on it - think's it's a warming filter
- that one has done me good in the past

thanks!
jim

Old July 14th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Jimbo

never mind - I couldn't wait and bought a Lowepro Photo Trekker for
$119 - and 2 circ polarizers - need to study up a little more on
warming and CC filters