Konica A4 won't wind film

Old April 22nd 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default Konica A4 won't wind film

I have a Konica A4 I bought in 1989. I recently tried to use it and
found that the film no longer advances. You can hear gears spining
inside, but the take up spool only moves a little bit if there is
no film on it, and not at all if there is.

Besides forget about it, anyone have any ideas? I could not
find any way to get inside it, so even a disassembly diagram
would help.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

Old April 22nd 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Hart[_3_]

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
I have a Konica A4 I bought in 1989. I recently tried to use it and
found that the film no longer advances. You can hear gears spining
inside, but the take up spool only moves a little bit if there is
no film on it, and not at all if there is.

Besides forget about it, anyone have any ideas? I could not
find any way to get inside it, so even a disassembly diagram
would help.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

Nearly dead battery? dirty battery contacts? (Does it use a battery?)

Old April 22nd 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Craig Schroeder

I had one of these (great optics!) and mine would suddenly run the
entire film to the end of the roll. There were apparent circuit board
problems that were quite common on these and especially regarding the
winding. Perhaps your winding issue is related in some way? Greg
Weber could likely give you an answer over the phone.

http://www.webercamera.com/

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:39:03 +0000 (UTC), (Geoffrey
S. Mendelson) wrote:

I have a Konica A4 I bought in 1989. I recently tried to use it and
found that the film no longer advances. You can hear gears spining
inside, but the take up spool only moves a little bit if there is
no film on it, and not at all if there is.

Craig Schroeder
craig nospam craigschroeder com
Old April 23rd 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Yoshi wrote:

A 19 year old point and shoot is finally dying. Damn man, what do you
expect? Cough up a little cash and get a new camera, already.

Not the point. IMHO it's not worth paying anyone to repair, but it's
a cute little camera good for carrying in your pocket. Almost all
of the 35mm point and shoot cameras are bigger, much bigger, so it
has something they don't have. It also focuses close enough and
well enough to photograph an A4 (similar to 8.5 x 11 inch)
sheet of paper and still read it.

As for a "new" camera, there is nothing on the market, and the cost
of shipping, customs fees and taxes for a replacement make buying
one from the U.S. or E.U. not worth it.

Geoff.