portable harddisk come CF card reader

Old August 3rd 04, 03:27 PM
cymro

Default portable harddisk come CF card reader

I am looking to buy a portable harddsik that includes a compact flash card
reader to empty my camera. I am a music lover and it needs to be an MP3/WMA
player to. Probably 40Mo +

Could you please relate your experiences of this type of peripheral.

- How long does it take to transfer a 512mo CF onto the hdd?

- Is there a one touch transfer operation or do you need to manually create
directories etc. etc

- How long does it take to transfer 512mo from the hdd to my computer ?

- What sort of autonomy can I expect ?

- How long does a full recharge take?

- Is it necessary to buy a model that displays the photos or is a display of
the file names sufficient ?

I am looking at Archos and Vosonic models. Any preference?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Old August 3rd 04, 05:35 PM
Arthur Small

How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

Old August 3rd 04, 05:35 PM
Arthur Small

How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

Old August 3rd 04, 08:57 PM
Sabineellen

How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

aren't the CD burners much bigger than the HD drives?
Old August 3rd 04, 08:57 PM
Sabineellen

Old August 3rd 04, 10:11 PM
Arthur Small

Here is a link for the CD burner.
http://www.addonics.com/products/mfr/mfr.asp

Old August 3rd 04, 10:11 PM
Arthur Small

Old August 3rd 04, 11:57 PM
Luke Webber

Arthur Small wrote:

How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

I've got one of those. It also works as a notebook computer. g

Luke
Old August 3rd 04, 11:57 PM
Luke Webber