Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60 ?

Old August 17th 06, 01:50 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Don W

Default Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60 ?

I am looking for an ultra-compact camera and have narrowed the choice
down to either a Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

They are similar but maybe one has some beter features than the other?

Which would you say is the better camera?

Old August 17th 06, 08:46 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bob Whitehouse

Have had Finepix F11 for a number of months now - really clear shots -
Howeveryou have to get used to not having a viewfinder and rely on the the
LCD view at the rear
This can be somewhat diconcerting at first as if you are trying to get a
shot in a difficult angle the LCD display is not viewed horizontally and you
may be worried obout focus or light as the LC display is not too clear but
when you then look at the shot it is excellent

Would thoroughly recommend F11

Old August 17th 06, 09:20 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tony

"Don W" wrote in message
I am looking for an ultra-compact camera and have narrowed the choice
down to either a Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

They are similar but maybe one has some beter features than the other?

Which would you say is the better camera?

You can read a review of the Casio here
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_...x-z60_pg5.html and there is a
review of the Fuji F10 which is similar but not quite as good as the F11
(see http://www.dpreview.com/news/0509/05092901fuji_f11.asp) here
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...i_f10_pg5.html .

I would say from the review that the Fuji has the better lens and takes
better pictures and is personally the one I would go for.

Old August 17th 06, 09:39 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:50:30 +0100, Don W wrote:

I am looking for an ultra-compact camera and have narrowed the choice
down to either a Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

They are similar but maybe one has some beter features than the other?

Which would you say is the better camera?

The F11 does some things much better than the EX-Z60, but it's
hardly an ultra-compact camera. The Casio isn't exactly an
ultra-compact either, but it's quite a bit slimmer, 20mm vs. 28mm,
so it should fit more easily in many pockets. The Fuji also weighs
25% more than the Casio. They both have 2.5" LCD displays, but the
F30's is much nicer, having 230,000 pixels to the EX-Z60's 115,000.
This may be additionally useful as neither camera has a traditional
viewfinder.

The F30 also has the best low light capability of any P&S camera.
ISO ranges from 80 to 3200 vs. 50 to 400 for the EX-Z60. Dpreview
notes that the EX-Z60 has ISO 800, but "with limitations". I
wouldn't be surprised if the F30 at ISO 800 produced cleaner, more
noise free pictures in low light than the Casio at ISO 200, but this
won't be an advantage if most of your pictures will be taken where
there's ample light.

Old August 17th 06, 09:50 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:50:30 +0100, Don W wrote:

I am looking for an ultra-compact camera and have narrowed the choice
down to either a Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

They are similar but maybe one has some beter features than the other?

Which would you say is the better camera?

Oops. My previous reply was based on comparing the EX-Z60 with
Fuji's F30. What I said for the F30 is essentially the same for the
F11, but the F11 only goes to ISO 1600, and its LCD display has
153,000 pixels, not 230,000. Both are still significantly better
than the the corresponding features in Casio's EX-Z60.

Old August 17th 06, 01:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tommo

Don W wrote:
I am looking for an ultra-compact camera and have narrowed the choice
down to either a Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

They are similar but maybe one has some beter features than the other?

Which would you say is the better camera?

I have a Fuji F10, which from what I can tell is largely the same as
the F10 in most respects. On the plus side it has great pcture
resolution, a nice big screen and a great battery life. The onlt 2
criticsms I have are the size (not the smallest) and the flash, which
is very bright. You can often do without it where other cameras will
need a flash, but when used I find it too harsh. Having said that,
overall it is a v good camera though.

Old August 17th 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Chris Game

Tommo wrote:

I have a Fuji F10, which from what I can tell is largely the same
as the F10 in most respects.

Well yes it would be.

--
Chris Game

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Old August 17th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Colin Wilson

The F30 also has the best low light capability of any P&S camera.

I'm using an old 2MP Fuji for most day-to-day snaps, despite having a
(cheap) 5MP camera - all down to the piddle-poor low light performance
of the newer camera (it *can* take decent shots, but needs a good
summers' day).

The Fuji is fantastic compared to my other cameras for low-light
performance ! (which include Kodak and Samsung, and the cheapy 5MP which
is a £35 Vivitar Superdrug special)
Old August 17th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Schrodinger's cat

"Don W" wrote in message
I am looking for an ultra-compact camera and have narrowed the choice
down to either a Fuji Finepix F11 or Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

They are similar but maybe one has some beter features than the other?

Which would you say is the better camera?

The lense in the Fuji will likely be better (opinion).

Fuji's warranty service is second to none (fact).

Regards

Martin