proprietary Li-ION battery for Olympus C-50. Should I buy non Olympus?

Old July 9th 04, 01:11 AM
Mr. Rather B. Beachen

Default proprietary Li-ION battery for Olympus C-50. Should I buy non Olympus?

I just bought the Olympus C-50. It comes with a proprietary Li-ION
battery. I've noticed that ebay has "compatible " Lithium batteries.
Are they any good and if so, how do you pick the good from the bad?
The Olympus battery goes for around $35.00 at internet/mailorder
stores. The ones on ebay (the cheap ones, that is), goes for around
$5.00.

Thanks for any information

BTW, here is a link to one of those batteries:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MEBI:IT

It's Mr. Rather B. Beachen to you

Old July 9th 04, 01:48 AM
Ron G

You've spent hundreds of dollars on a beautiful camera. Don't take a
chance on an e-Bay battery that is so cheap. By reputation, they are a
crap shoot. Spend the extra $30 and be safe. Several years ago I bought
an Oly with NiMh batteries and charger and the quality of both was very
high. Remember, Li-ION batteries have very complex charging circuits.
You don't want to take chances on getting an el cheapo bummer.

Old July 9th 04, 09:41 PM
Vic Dura

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:11:09 -0700, proprietary Li-ION battery
wrote:

I just bought the Olympus C-50. It comes with a proprietary Li-ION
battery. I've noticed that ebay has "compatible " Lithium batteries.
Are they any good and if so, how do you pick the good from the bad?
The Olympus battery goes for around $35.00 at internet/mailorder
stores. The ones on ebay (the cheap ones, that is), goes for around
$5.00.

Stick with the Oly. The $5.00 cheapie may ruin your camera.

--
To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.
Old July 11th 04, 09:25 PM
Steven M. Scharf

http://sterlingtek.com/ollibapaeq1.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...PageName= STR