Newbie SLR Recommendations needed - Please help!

Old December 31st 04, 03:36 AM

Default Newbie SLR Recommendations needed - Please help!

I'm new to SLR cameras and photography but would like to get involved and
soon develop my own pictures and so fourth later on. I am also going to be
taking a class soon as well to help but right now I need some help picking
out the right SLR camera to buy.

I don't want to buy bottom of the line camera but also don't want to buy the
top of the line since they can be expensive. I'm looking at spending no more
than 500.00 on the body.

What I want to be able to do is take pictures at baseball games where I'll
need to be able to take multiple pictures quickly to get the right shot of a
ball being hit off a bat or in mid air being released from a pitcher. I will
also be taking everyday pictures of outdoors wildlife and indoor pics of
people.

Your help and recommendations are extremely appreciated.

Jim