A good word about rec.photo.darkroom

Old September 7th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John J

Default A good word about rec.photo.darkroom

Like a few of you here, I've been on a network of some kind for about
thirty years. It's part of my day job now, although my first career was
100% photography (news and magazine work.)

The information offered here on rec.photo.darkroom has been precious,
very well focused, and it speaks from persons with experience and
sometimes has debunked some commercial literature.

It's a success!

Thanks to all of you.

JJS in MinneSnowta
Old September 7th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Craig Schroeder

I agree.... I worry that the endless spam and ocassional oafish
behavior has diluted the user group and chased many away. I also go
back to the first days of the net groups and was a sysop running in
the 300 baud days. I don't need to tell you what color my hair is!

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:34:57 -0500, John J wrote:

Like a few of you here, I've been on a network of some kind for about
thirty years. It's part of my day job now, although my first career was
100% photography (news and magazine work.)

The information offered here on rec.photo.darkroom has been precious,
very well focused, and it speaks from persons with experience and
sometimes has debunked some commercial literature.

It's a success!

Thanks to all of you.

JJS in MinneSnowta

Craig Schroeder
craig nospam craigschroeder com
Old September 7th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John J

Craig Schroeder wrote:
I agree.... I worry that the endless spam and ocassional oafish
behavior has diluted the user group and chased many away. I also go
back to the first days of the net groups and was a sysop running in
the 300 baud days. I don't need to tell you what color my hair is!

But you still have hair! I used a slow (what, 96 baud?)
thermo-printer console to "telecommute" at one time. And people wondered
why the c language fostered such terse syntax?

This can relate to photography, especially with film and wet processing.
We remain focused rather than shotgunning and letting machine-time make
the difference. We know it really cannot.

(I am only 62 and not yet gray. It's genes. But I tell ya, it's really
weary being blond for so long. I've a young lady friend who is blond and
keeps a bottle of brunette hair dye handy. She calls it Artificial
Intelligence.)