Can't install Epson 'Easy Print'

Old November 19th 05, 06:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital

Default Can't install Epson 'Easy Print'

Epson supplies something called 'Easy Print' [now, version 2.4dA] that is
supposed to interface directly with Elements 3 and, if I understand it
right, to allow more direct control of the printer [many Epson models]
from within Elements -- I'm assuming, among other things, so you only
have to say 'print' once -- not once to Elements and once again to the
printer driver.

However it doesn't seem to want to install on my machine [XP SP2]. It
goes through the EULA yes/no just fine, starts to show the install
progress meter, and about half way through, jumps to the end and gives
the 'Finish' button -- no errors, no warnings -- but it doesn't seem to
have installed anything. There is nothing new in add/remove programs,
and I see no new or different functionality in Elements 3 [up-to-date,
full version].

The only response from Epson so far [early days] is to remove it using
add/remove and re-install. Nice trick -- if it were in add/remove, I
don't suppose I'd be having the problem in the first place...

I found just one similar problem posted on one of the MS groups regarding
Easy Print [non] install, but there was no resolution.

Anyone here use it from inside Elements? Any hints on install issues?

Thanks.

[Please save bandwidth and direct the normal Epson bashing to /dev/null.]
Old November 20th 05, 08:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital

Before installing, did you turn off your anti-virus and firewall and all
other programs running?

Old November 20th 05, 03:09 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital

"MB" wrote in -
online.com:

Before installing, did you turn off your anti-virus and firewall and all
other programs running?

Yes.
Old November 21st 05, 08:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital

I've had no problems but I too discabled virus protection. I like the
software when using my pixma i6000d printer.
It is particularly useful and quick for printing edge to edge prints