Saltzman Catalog

Old June 19th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default Saltzman Catalog

The catalog is oversize, and just barely fit my big scanner,
and the file is big, but if you wish:
http://www.digoliardi.net/saltzman_1.pdf
(It is suitable for printing at nominal 360ppi)

A very small-image web page of the catalog
is: http://www.digoliardi.net/saltz_cat/

John

Old June 20th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"John" wrote in message
m...

The catalog is oversize, and just barely fit my big
scanner,
and the file is big, but if you wish:
http://www.digoliardi.net/saltzman_1.pdf
(It is suitable for printing at nominal 360ppi)

A very small-image web page of the catalog
is: http://www.digoliardi.net/saltz_cat/

John

This is a great resource. Your catalogue is newer than
mine and includes more equipment. Mine has a short section
on Ascor speedlights, I suspect that a separate catalogue
was available by the time your enlarger catalogue was
printed. Mine also describes a cold-light head using tubular
fluorescent lamps which I do not see in yours. It may have
been short lived. I don't think any other heavy duty
enlargers even approached the Saltzman jobs.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old June 20th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Richard Knoppow" wrote

I don't think any other heavy duty enlargers even approached the Saltzman
jobs.

The big Saltzmans used for aerial work look rather
small and flimsy compared to other aerial 'rectifying
enlargers' from Wild, Zeiss, K&E and others.

In some models the enlargers' baseboard tilts couple to the
negative carrier tilts so when the baseboard is tilted to
correct perspective the negative follows to keep the image
in focus.

Google for more info:

http://www.b-29s-over-korea.com/aeri...raphy-pg1.html

Need a proper light source:
http://www.egoltronics.com/pdf/edls.pdf

There was an HE-12 going for $1000 on craiglist a while ago, and
a Zeiss enlarger showed up on ebay last year.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index2.htm

Old June 20th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

http://www.aerogeodetic.com/enlarger.jpg

http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcoca...Hologon/19.jpg
Whole site is pretty interesting:
http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcoca...gon/00_pag.htm

Old June 20th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote

I don't think any other heavy duty enlargers even approached the Saltzman
jobs.

The big Saltzmans used for aerial work look rather
small and flimsy compared to other aerial 'rectifying
enlargers' from Wild, Zeiss, K&E and others.

Interesting. What is not in the catalog is the absolutely gigantic
two-column Saltzman. That's like two of the heavy duty 8x10 models put
together. Somewhere on the net there is a picture of one about to be
loaded into a moving truck. It occupied the whole thing and maxed out
the GVR.
Old June 20th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Thanks for the link to the dodging enlarger, Nicholas. I had not seen
that. I don't quite know why they made it - perhaps to obviate making a
contrast mask?
Old June 20th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
http://www.aerogeodetic.com/enlarger.jpg

http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcoca...Hologon/19.jpg
Whole site is pretty interesting:
http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcoca...gon/00_pag.htm

Did you ever see my 8x10" sky camera? It used a Metrogon. Sold it.

Old June 20th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default BANDWIDTH - Saltzman Catalog

It looks like a lot of people downloaded the Saltzman catalog. My ISP
cut me off when the downloads totaled 1,000mb. They will turn it back on
after July 1.

I never know how much activity I get there until something like this
happens. Got to find a provider that will let me run serverside scripts
(fat chance, eh?)
Old June 20th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

Well, they did make a portable miniature version of the
K&E:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=II1...22706#PPA10,M1

Old June 20th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
m...
"Richard Knoppow" wrote

[...]

Bausch & Lomb also made some large aerial mapping
enlargers with multiple heads. I've only seen pictures of
them. Most of these mapping enlargers are very specialized
and would not be of much use for pictorial photography.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Saltzman Part ? john In The Darkroom 11 June 27th 08 06:32 PM
Saltzman equipment - I got a sales brochure, price list John[_16_] In The Darkroom 9 June 18th 08 04:03 PM
Catalog [email protected] Digital Photography 5 August 22nd 06 01:11 AM
JG Saltzman Enlarger Roller Chain [email protected] In The Darkroom 2 March 4th 06 05:47 AM
FS 8X10 Saltzman DEMitchel Darkroom Equipment For Sale 0 August 21st 03 05:21 AM