Saltzman Catalog

Old June 20th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default Saltzman Catalog

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
Well, they did make a portable miniature version of the
K&E:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=II1...22706#PPA10,M1

I love it. Portable. Does it include a tractor or is that extra?
Old June 20th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Richard Knoppow" wrote

Bausch & Lomb also made some large aerial mapping enlargers with multiple
heads. I've only seen pictures of them.

I haven't even seen the pictures, just heard the
rumor.

Most of these mapping enlargers are very specialized and would not be of
much use for pictorial photography.

"Mine's bigger than yours." - Photographic
Acquisitive Fetish.

I think the Zeiss V was going for $1,000 on ebay -
hard to beat if you have the room (and the reinforced
floor (and the 440 3-phase (and the 3-ton air conditioner
(exaggeration (much (not))))))

The Saltzman with the 9.5" roll film carrier and ball-head
easel support was made for aerial use - a lightweight
budget unit as it didn't have all the calibrations and
vernier controls of a proper rectifier.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index2.htm

Old June 20th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"John" wrote in message
m...
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote

I don't think any other heavy duty enlargers even
approached the Saltzman jobs.

The big Saltzmans used for aerial work look rather
small and flimsy compared to other aerial 'rectifying
enlargers' from Wild, Zeiss, K&E and others.

Interesting. What is not in the catalog is the absolutely
gigantic two-column Saltzman. That's like two of the heavy
duty 8x10 models put together. Somewhere on the net there
is a picture of one about to be loaded into a moving
truck. It occupied the whole thing and maxed out the GVR.

I think my catalogue has this machine although I
remember it as having three support columns in a triangular
arrangement. I rather suspect that Ceaser-Saltzman custom
built a lot of stuff on special order. It would be
interesting to know how many enlargers they made.
Elwood shows a 10x10 model in their catalogues that was
evidently meant to be an economy version of the Saltzman for
aerial use. Its on a floor stand with a crank on the front
for head height. I've seen several of these in the flesh.
They are quite sturdy and heavy but appear a bit crude and
flimsy in comparison to the Saltzman. There is an Elwood
catalogue on the Camera Eccentric site at
http://www.cameraeccentric.com

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old June 20th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"John" wrote in message
m...
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
Well, they did make a portable miniature version of the
K&E:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=II1...22706#PPA10,M1

I love it. Portable. Does it include a tractor or is that
extra?

Perhaps the military definition of "portable": it has
handles on it.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old June 20th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

Default BANDWIDTH - Saltzman Catalog

"John" wrote in message
m...
It looks like a lot of people downloaded the Saltzman
catalog. My ISP cut me off when the downloads totaled
1,000mb. They will turn it back on after July 1.

I never know how much activity I get there until something
like this happens. Got to find a provider that will let me
run serverside scripts (fat chance, eh?)

Oh, ich! I was going to download it tonight when I
have access to a very high speed connection.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old June 21st 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 6/20/2008 3:53 PM Richard Knoppow spake thus:

[...]

There is an Elwood catalogue on the Camera Eccentric site at
http://www.cameraeccentric.com

Actually not a catalog but "instructions"
(http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...d/elwood.html). I'd like
to see a catalog.

D "Another satisfied Elwood Pattern Works customer" N

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill
Old June 21st 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"John" wrote in message
m...
It looks like a lot of people downloaded the Saltzman
catalog. My ISP cut me off when the downloads totaled
1,000mb. They will turn it back on after July 1.

Oh, ich! I was going to download it tonight when I
have access to a very high speed connection.

Richard, I can send it to you on a CD if you like. Reverse the spellings
in my address above for my email address.
Old June 21st 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 6/20/2008 3:53 PM Richard Knoppow spake thus:

[...]

There is an Elwood catalogue on the Camera Eccentric site
at http://www.cameraeccentric.com

Actually not a catalog but "instructions"
(http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...d/elwood.html).
I'd like to see a catalog.

D "Another satisfied Elwood Pattern Works customer" N

You are right! For some reason I thought this was a
whole catalogue. I have a couple of catalogues and a
one-sheet. I will dig these out and scan them.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old June 22nd 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"John" wrote in message
m...
Richard Knoppow wrote:
"John" wrote in message
m...
It looks like a lot of people downloaded the Saltzman
catalog. My ISP cut me off when the downloads totaled
1,000mb. They will turn it back on after July 1.

Oh, ich! I was going to download it tonight when I
have access to a very high speed connection.

Richard, I can send it to you on a CD if you like. Reverse
the spellings in my address above for my email address.

I've written to you off list. Thanks.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old June 23rd 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

"Mine's bigger than yours." - Photographic
Acquisitive Fetish.

It's in the culture or something. I went to that big auction site and
searched on "enlarger" and OMG! You know what came up. I hate it
when that happens.

Saltzman Part ? john In The Darkroom 11 June 27th 08 06:32 PM
Saltzman equipment - I got a sales brochure, price list John[_16_] In The Darkroom 9 June 18th 08 04:03 PM
Catalog [email protected] Digital Photography 5 August 22nd 06 01:11 AM
JG Saltzman Enlarger Roller Chain [email protected] In The Darkroom 2 March 4th 06 05:47 AM
FS 8X10 Saltzman DEMitchel Darkroom Equipment For Sale 0 August 21st 03 05:21 AM