FS: Olympus E-20N Digital Camera + flash + bracket ++ see pictures

Old August 21st 03, 06:18 PM
Zoot Allure

On 20 Aug 2003 22:17:31 -0700, (mike) wrote:

Its been clarified already. Get over it.

**** off moron.

Old August 24th 03, 01:13 AM
mike

Zoot Allure wrote in message . ..
On 20 Aug 2003 22:17:31 -0700, (mike) wrote:

Its been clarified already. Get over it.

**** off moron.

After you
Old August 24th 03, 01:57 AM
mike

Zoot Allure wrote in message . ..
On 6 Aug 2003 10:13:20 -0700, (mike) wrote:

You just put down a lot of pro photographers who rely on the E10 E20
for day to day professional work. I don't know how you came up with
that comparison between an E20N as a Yugo and a 10D as a Mercedes; but
thats just wrong and a downright insult to both companies and
professional photographers around the world.

Uhh, since I am one, and have owned both an E-10 and E-20, I say its a
qualified opinion. While the 10D has its own issue (poor AF), its head
and shoulders above the E10 and E-20. The only people I know who use
them professionally are people who are just dabbling in digital, but
still shoot mostly film. They have small sensors (relative to 35mm
based digital bodies), noisy images, and can't realistically shoot
above 160 without objectionable noise.

Douglas,

I can't begin to understand why you're being such a prick to new
people on this newsgroup. Do you always roll off the wrong side of
the bed before you hit the newsgroups? Just because you've been on
here longer doesn't qualify you as mr-know-it-all. And just because I
happen to have some NEW equipment for sale doesn't qualify me as a
scammer. I mean have you even stopped to read your obnoxious posts!?

e-20
Those are all safe arguments that should be considered general
knowledge by any pro. Granted the 10D is better overall for most (I
don't think there's too much argument here) it is not superior in all
respects. This is not a discussion group, so I won't go into it. If
anybody wants to beat a dead horse, I can post a new discussion in the
digital forum.

I have owned the E-10 and obviously the E-20. $ for $, they are the
best choice for dSLRs you can buy for a lens and camera combination -
there's my qualified opinion. Just because you and I know a few pros
doesn't account for everybody who could read this thread. I pointed
out that pros have used the E-20 as a serious tool for a national
published project; it is not a toy, nor is it the sort of camera you
can buy in your local drugstore. That's the argument I had a problem
with.

Cameras will always get better with new introduction of technology.
Canon has done a remarkable job with the 10D - a real improvement on
the D30/D60 while still using the same CMOS sensor as the D60.
Focusing is improved. There is no perfect focusing system in the
world in all counts; the 10D is just a step closer.

A good photographer knows the limitations of one's equipments and use
their skills and technical knowledge to the
photographer's/cameras/equipments best advantage.

If you have the money for a new system, get the Canon. If you don't,
there are other options. This is one of them - and its no yugo.

E-20 is still available. May go on ebay shortly for whatever the
market is prepared to pay.