Depth of field - two of them?

Old February 8th 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Depth of field - two of them?

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what i take issue with is that you're blaming the device when it's not
the device at all.

The device contains the user interface at the end of a long pipe line.
It isn't connected by ethernet to a highspeed fibre but relies on
wifi.

802.11ac wifi is faster than your high speed fibre link, with 802.11ax
routers starting to appear.

Where do you think my wifi signal comes from?

an obsolete router.

you don't have an 802.11ac and certainly not ax router. it's n.

the limiting factor are gigabit lans (isp is irrelevant), which is why
some new routers have 10g-e.

and that doesn't actually matter anyway, since searching in no way will
saturate a gigabit isp connection.

It's the hit a key and wait while it sends it to Google and then
Google sends back a response. Then hit another key etc. Pages swap
backwards and forward. Just getting an intelligible first response
from Google on first connecting takes about 10 seconds. It's quicker
after that but one screen at a time ...

it doesn't take anywhere near 10 seconds to do a search on an ipad.

something is *very* wrong.

It has a small screen so can't easily run more than one graphic
page at a time.

it absolutely can.

Not big enough to contain useful blocks of information.

nonsense.

https://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-c...S-11-iPAd-Pro-

multitasking.png

It says something that you think that standard of display is enough
for a serious search.

it's an example of 'more than one graphic page at a time'.

and that doesn't even address browser tabs, which are each a 'graphic
page'.

you are wrong.

It has no physical keyboard but relies on the
simulation of one via a touch screen.

both usb and bluetooth keyboards work without issue, and the onscreen
keyboard is in no way a simulation.

OK. A tablet is easier to use if you buy it a keyboard. That's my
point. Without a keyboard it is less convenient.

except when it isn't.

not everything needs a keyboard.

that's one reason why tablets are better in many cases.

It has no mouse and requires
various gestures on the screen, both singly and in combination, to
achieve would would be done by a mouse on a desktop.

that's called direct manipulation, which makes it a lot more powerful
for many tasks.

Most of which are of little use to me.

most of which you've never used.
Old February 8th 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

On 08/02/2019 09:31, Eric Stevens wrote:
I would very much like to improve the tablet experience.

May I suggest that you reset your iPad to 'factory conditions'?

that won't make a difference.

Just a thought. I've had to do this to improve performance.

bull**** you did.

since when do you even have an ipad?
Old February 8th 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

both usb and bluetooth keyboards work without issue,

Can I use my iMac Bluetooth Keypad to control my iPad?

you? probably not, but others certainly can.

you have difficulty doing even the most basic things.

If that is possible, please advise HOW that may be achieved.

no.
Old February 8th 19, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 2/8/19 10:27 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

both usb and bluetooth keyboards work without issue,

Can I use my iMac Bluetooth Keypad to control my iPad?

you? probably not, but others certainly can.

you have difficulty doing even the most basic things.

If that is possible, please advise HOW that may be achieved.

no.

Try this:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/type-i...-mac-keyboard/

Since I have neither an iMac Bluetooth keypad or iPad, I can't say how
helpful the info at the cite is, but it may be a starting point.
Hopefully it is more helpful than nospam's response.

--
Ken Hart

Old February 8th 19, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_7_]

On 08/02/2019 15:27, nospam *The LYING TROLL* said ...

In article , David B.
wrote:

On 08/02/2019 09:31, Eric Stevens wrote:
I would very much like to improve the tablet experience.

May I suggest that you reset your iPad to 'factory conditions'?

that won't make a difference.

It might well do. YOU have no idea at all.

Just a thought. I've had to do this to improve performance.

bull**** you did.

I did.

since when do you even have an ipad?

5+ years

Proof? Here ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q00r6xv4o...41.58.png?dl=0

--
David B.
Old February 8th 19, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

On 2/8/19 10:27 AM, wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:
both usb and bluetooth keyboards work without issue,

Can I use my iMac Bluetooth Keypad to control my iPad?

you? probably not, but others certainly can.

you have difficulty doing even the most basic things.

If that is possible, please advise HOW that may be achieved.

no.

Try this:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/type-i...-mac-keyboard/

Since I have neither an iMac Bluetooth keypad or iPad, I can't say how
helpful the info at the cite is, but it may be a starting point.
Hopefully it is more helpful than nospam's response.

my response was not intended to be helpful because the person asking is
an ignorant retarded troll.
Old February 8th 19, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
May I suggest that you reset your iPad to 'factory conditions'?

that won't make a difference.

It might well do.

it will not. it's a complete waste of time.

YOU have no idea at all.

wrong on that too.

the issue is quite clearly outdated networking hardware, which is well
beyond your level of understanding.

bull**** you did. a factory reset will not make it go faster.
Old February 9th 19, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_7_]

wrote:

On 08/02/2019 09:31, Eric Stevens wrote:
I would very much like to improve the tablet experience.

May I suggest that you reset your iPad to 'factory conditions'?

that won't make a difference.

It might well do. YOU have no idea at all.

Just a thought. I've had to do this to improve performance.

bull**** you did.

I did.

since when do you even have an ipad?

5+ years

Proof? Here ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q00r6xv4o...41.58.png?dl=0

Lots of froth tonight!

Old February 9th 19, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_7_]

On 08/02/2019 20:43, Ken Hart wrote:
On 2/8/19 10:27 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

both usb and bluetooth keyboards work without issue,

Can I use my iMac Bluetooth Keypad to control my iPad?

you? probably not, but others certainly can.

you have difficulty doing even the most basic things.

If that is possible, please advise HOW that may be achieved.

no.

Try this:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/type-i...-mac-keyboard/

Since I have neither an iMac Bluetooth keypad or iPad, I can't say how
helpful the info at the cite is, but it may be a starting point.
Hopefully it is more helpful than nospam's response.

Thank you so much, Ken. :-)

I'll try it out tomorrow. I'd never before even considered doing it.

--
David B.
Old February 9th 19, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

Lots of froth tonight!