Contaflez users?

Old December 28th 07, 03:20 AM posted to alt.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo,rec.photo.technique.people,alt.photography
Tully

Default Contaflez users?

I just bought a Contaflex IV on eBay. Anyone have experience with this
or similar Zeiss Ikon cameras?

I've already investigated online resources, downloaded a manyal,eyc.
What I'm asking about id personal experience with the camera, the WA and
tele Pro-Tessars, etc.
--
"It is the individual alone who is timeless. The individual's
hungers, anxieties, dreams, and preoccupations have remained
Old December 28th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Tully

In article ,
Martin Trautmann wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:20:31 -0700, Tully wrote:
I just bought a Contaflex IV on eBay. Anyone have experience with this
or similar Zeiss Ikon cameras?

I got a Contaflex Super-B - it's superbe, for its age. I did not try it
recently, since the selen cell might have aged by now.

I've already investigated online resources, downloaded a manyal,eyc.
What I'm asking about id personal experience with the camera, the WA and
tele Pro-Tessars, etc.

You may have to pay high amounts even for poor tele tessars (malaligned
lenses), where it's more a collector's item nowadays. If you want
something for real usage, get a newer and cheaper SLR.

- Martin

Thanks, Martin. I shoot digital almost exclusively, but get the urge to
expose a roll of film from time to time. I am still interested in any
real world experiences of Zeiss Ikon users. Believe me, I know what
'over-forty' cameras & lenses are like; some of my best optics are in
that category.
Old January 2nd 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.photo,rec.photo.technique.people,alt.photography
hanz

Hi Tully,

I just bought a Contaflex IV on eBay. Anyone have experience with this
or similar Zeiss Ikon cameras?

I've already investigated online resources, downloaded a manyal,eyc.
What I'm asking about id personal experience with the camera, the WA and
tele Pro-Tessars, etc.

My father from whom I inherited a ~1955 Contaflex told me that the
pro-tessars were not so great.
Still, if you'd like to have one, http://www.keh.com has them for a
reasonable price.

Good luck! -- Hans