Fitlers, lens caps for Pentax 67 55mm Takumar lens

Old July 2nd 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rwalker

Default Fitlers, lens caps for Pentax 67 55mm Takumar lens

I just got a 55mm Takumar lens for my Pentax 67. It appears to take
100mm filters and lens cap. While I managed to locate a push-on lens
cap source on line, I'm having trouble finding 100 mm filters,
particularly a polarizing filter. Anyone know any good sources?

Thanks.
Old July 2nd 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

"rwalker" wrote:
I just got a 55mm Takumar lens for my Pentax 67. It appears to take
100mm filters and lens cap. While I managed to locate a push-on lens
cap source on line, I'm having trouble finding 100 mm filters,
particularly a polarizing filter. Anyone know any good sources?

KEH has a few 100mm Pentax filters, no polarizers though.

http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/Produ...BCL=&GBC=&GCC=

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old July 3rd 09, 07:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Toni Nikkanen

rwalker writes:

I just got a 55mm Takumar lens for my Pentax 67. It appears to take
100mm filters and lens cap. While I managed to locate a push-on lens
cap source on line, I'm having trouble finding 100 mm filters,
particularly a polarizing filter. Anyone know any good sources?

Getting 100mm filters might prove hideously expensive, unless of course
you get lucky with used filters going for cheap..

I got the SMC 55/4 version because that uses the much more common
and affordable 77mm filters - though later on I sold it in a
desperate effort to fund Mamiya 7 stuff..
Old July 4th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rwalker

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:21:27 +0300, Toni Nikkanen
wrote:

rwalker writes:

I just got a 55mm Takumar lens for my Pentax 67. It appears to take
100mm filters and lens cap. While I managed to locate a push-on lens
cap source on line, I'm having trouble finding 100 mm filters,
particularly a polarizing filter. Anyone know any good sources?

Getting 100mm filters might prove hideously expensive, unless of course
you get lucky with used filters going for cheap..

I got the SMC 55/4 version because that uses the much more common
and affordable 77mm filters - though later on I sold it in a
desperate effort to fund Mamiya 7 stuff..

I'm starting to see that. It looks like what I'll have to do is
actually get a 100-105 step up ring and go with a 105 mm polarizer,
and that goes for about $200 new. On the other hand, I got the lens
pretty cheap, because it had a ding to the filter ring, and had no
lens caps. The glass was perfect though. I may have to look into the
SMC 55/4 myself ultimately.