Apple makes Macs run Windows XP -

Old April 10th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Apple makes Macs run Windows XP -

Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Paul J Gans wrote:

Sounds great! Have you ever had the pleasure of installing Win XP
onto a virgin computer? Loads of fun. Last time out it took
me about six hours with loads of retries until all the hardware
was recognized and Windows actually ran.

Yes, I do it all the time and it takes 2.5 minutes of my time. This is
using a slipstreamed CD with all the latest updates and setup for unattended
installation.

Which takes how long to create?

--
Ray Fischer

Old April 10th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article , Sam Lowry
wrote:

I'm a computer consultant, and am basing what I say on what I see.
Computers that stay in the office of companies tend to not be loaded with
games and porn, but machines that are at home (easily the biggest computing
market) and work laptops that are taken home, will 99% of the time have
games of some sort installed, as Windoze has a better selection of games
than both the Mac and Linux put together, this puts more ticks in the
wintel column.

Me too. Actually, if I based my conclusions solely on what I see on
customers machines, home PCs are only used to run adware, and in the
office they're so tightly buttoned up they pretty much don't run
anything. Grin

Seriously, why does every single company selling something for Windows
think it's OK to start a dozen processes on your computer, adding a
fistful of taskbar icons, and nagging you every 10 minutes about buying
more Lexmark cartridges? I don't see any of this on the Mac - it it
because the manfacturers don't care, or that they know Mac users won't
stand for it?