Solar Eclipse March 29th 2006

Old March 10th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Solar Eclipse March 29th 2006

Hi All,

On March 29, 2006, a total eclipse of the Sun will be visible from a
few lucky parts of the Earth. We have started to gather information and
advice about this event. It is available at:
-- http://solar-eclipse-2006.info

In addition, we have created the Eclipse-2006 WORLD BLOG at:
-- http://solar-eclipse-2006.info/wp
You can read about previous experiences, share your thoughts and post
your own pictures!

Don't hesitate to give us feedback. We are actively working on the site
so that it will contain as much information as possible for the week of
March 29. Even better: help us with advertising it by creating a link
from your site.

Enjoy solar-eclipse-2006.info !

Old March 10th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

cool !

Old March 10th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

astrofan wrote:

Hi All,

On March 29, 2006, a total eclipse of the Sun will be visible from a
few lucky parts of the Earth. We have started to gather information and
advice about this event. It is available at:
-- http://solar-eclipse-2006.info

In addition, we have created the Eclipse-2006 WORLD BLOG at:
-- http://solar-eclipse-2006.info/wp
You can read about previous experiences, share your thoughts and post
your own pictures!

Don't hesitate to give us feedback. We are actively working on the site
so that it will contain as much information as possible for the week of
March 29. Even better: help us with advertising it by creating a link
from your site.

Enjoy solar-eclipse-2006.info !

Bummer. Nowhere near my part of the world.

Colin D.
Old March 10th 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

For the record, and from that site:

==============
The path of the Moon's umbral shadow begins in Brazil and extends
across the Atlantic, northern Africa, and central Asia where it ends at
sunset in western Mongolia. A partial eclipse will be seen within the
much broader path of the Moon's penumbral shadow, which includes the
northern two thirds of Africa, Europe, and central Asia.
==============
Seeing that site is missing the photography info currently, why not
check out an old effort of mine:

http://www.erdb.org.au/syzygy/photo.htm

It's a bit geared towards film, but it mostly still applies. If you've
never seen an eclipse.. well, just don't die before you make the effort
to get to one. The images cannot convey what the feeling is, to
actually witness the event.

Ironically, after creating the above tips on how to photograph the
eclipse, I cleverly broke my ankle and wasn't able to travel to the
event! But I did see one back in 1976.

Old March 10th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mark,

The information on your page is very nice.

May I import this information into the photography page on the eclipse
site, giving you due credit of course?

Best,

James

Old March 10th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

That's absolutely fine. It desperately needs a 'digital update'
though.

The old email address on that site no longer works, but my email
address here (mark.thomas.7 at gmail.com) is valid if you wish to
discuss anything.

regards,

mark t