Manfrotto help

Old November 5th 05, 02:03 AM
JimmyG

Default Manfrotto help

How do I change the camera screw on my Manfrotto 68-monopod from 3/8 to 1/4?

I lost my manual & the website is useless.

Thanks folks

--
Jimmy

Old November 5th 05, 02:46 AM
Simon Stanmore

"JimmyG" wrote in message
How do I change the camera screw on my Manfrotto 68-monopod from 3/8 to
1/4?

I lost my manual & the website is useless.

Thanks folks

--
Jimmy

Buy an adaptor. Most UK retailers have to order them
--
Simon
http://www.pbase.com/stanmore

Old November 5th 05, 04:51 AM
JimmyG

It is supposed to be adjustable to one or another. An adapter is NOT
required.

How to change it is my dilemma.

Old November 5th 05, 05:03 AM
JimmyG

Somebody with a similar monopod just informed me that the 3/8 is a spring
loaded sleeve that, when depressed exposes the 1/4 within.

Sure beats trying to jerry-rig an adapter!

Old November 5th 05, 02:12 PM
mike nelson

On all my monopods, the center screw has 3/8 threads on one end, 1/4 on the
other--and on them, one just unscrews the head (flat part onto which one
could mount a camera or a head), removes and reverses the bolt, then
reattaches the head.

Old November 6th 05, 06:58 AM
Dave

"JimmyG" wrote in message
Somebody with a similar monopod just informed me that the 3/8 is a spring
loaded sleeve that, when depressed exposes the 1/4 within.

Sure beats trying to jerry-rig an adapter!

This is how my Manfrotto monopod works

Dave

Old November 11th 05, 01:40 PM
Bob Hickey

"JimmyG" wrote in message
Somebody with a similar monopod just informed me that the 3/8 is a spring
loaded sleeve that, when depressed exposes the 1/4 within.

Sure beats trying to jerry-rig an adapter!

What he said on both mine. Bob
Hickey