smartmedia card

Old January 28th 04, 04:47 PM
cthompson40

Default smartmedia card

Does anyone know whether a smart media card is totally destroyed if gets
wet?

Old January 28th 04, 06:26 PM
Ken Burns

Is it a 4x5 or 8x10 smartmedia card?

Old January 28th 04, 06:34 PM
Nick Zentena

cthompson40 wrote:
Does anyone know whether a smart media card is totally destroyed if gets
wet?

Use a low pH developer and it'll be fixed.

Nick
Old January 28th 04, 06:35 PM
cthompson40

Not sure. Reason I'm asking is friend had a "professional" photographer
take her anniversary pictures. He fell in snow and is claiming her pictures
are all destroyed. He couldn't save anything.
k.net...

Old January 28th 04, 07:06 PM
Victor Bazarov

"cthompson40" wrote...
Not sure. Reason I'm asking is friend had a "professional" photographer
take her anniversary pictures. He fell in snow and is claiming her

pictures
are all destroyed. He couldn't save anything.

The same thing happened to me once. I dropped my media in too warm
water after developing and all the images washed away. Now, I am sure
it wasn't very smart on my part.

k.net...

Old January 28th 04, 07:07 PM
Victor Bazarov

"Nick Zentena" wrote...
cthompson40 wrote:
Does anyone know whether a smart media card is totally destroyed if gets
wet?

Use a low pH developer and it'll be fixed.

I thought one needed a fixer for that...

Old January 28th 04, 07:11 PM
John

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:26:39 GMT, "Ken Burns"
wrote:

"cthompson40" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know whether a smart media card is totally destroyed if gets
wet?

Is it a 4x5 or 8x10 smartmedia card?

5X7 !

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old January 28th 04, 07:26 PM
John

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:35:09 GMT, "cthompson40"
wrote:

Not sure. Reason I'm asking is friend had a "professional" photographer
take her anniversary pictures. He fell in snow and is claiming her pictures
are all destroyed. He couldn't save anything.

Well if the disk writer was writing at the time the
photographer took the tumble, it could have screwed up the card or the
mechanism that writes to the card.

Nothing like a "professional photographer" to screw things up.

Old January 28th 04, 10:33 PM
jjs

wrote:

Not sure. Reason I'm asking is friend had a "professional" photographer
take her anniversary pictures. He fell in snow and is claiming her

pictures
are all destroyed. He couldn't save anything.

Sounds like BS to me.

Old January 29th 04, 04:29 AM
Dave

Probably not. We had a photographer on our staff who left a 256 meg compact
flash card in his pocket and it went through an entire wash cycle without
damage...amazing.

dave