Where to buy in Chicago.

Old September 13th 04, 09:25 PM
Colm

Default Where to buy in Chicago.

Can anyone recommend any camera retailers in Chicago?

TIA,

--
Colm

Old September 13th 04, 11:39 PM
Frank Pittel

Colm wrote:
: Can anyone recommend any camera retailers in Chicago?

A few from the top of my head a

Calumet Camera
Central Camera
and last but not least
Helix

-------------------

Old September 14th 04, 02:37 PM
Colm

"Roger" wrote in message
Also depends on where in Chicago, but the one that I use in the loop
area or nearby are

http://www.central-camera.com
http://www.helixcamera.com

snip
I consider Central, Helix, LaGrange and Calumet to be pro stores. If
you are looking for armature consumables there's always Wolf, Ritz,
Walgreens, Osco, etc.

Thanks Roger,

I've had a look at their sites (Central, Helix & Calumet) and they seem to
fit the bill perfectly.
I'll steer clear of Wolf/Ritz etc.

Thanks,

--
Colm

Old September 14th 04, 02:38 PM
Colm

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message
Colm wrote:
: Can anyone recommend any camera retailers in Chicago?

A few from the top of my head a

Calumet Camera
Central Camera
and last but not least
Helix

Thanks,

I like it when the same names pop up all the time :-)

--
Colm

Old September 14th 04, 04:10 PM
Wm Gardner

I would have to agree with the list, one thing to add though......
Calumet also has a suburban store. Depending on whether you are going to
the city of Chicago or just to the Chicagoland area in general, you
could have different experiences. The suburban Bensenville store, while
they have a great staff, seems to be a bit limited on selection. If you
need something they often need it brought out from the store in the
city. Just wanted to forewarn you.......

FYI- Helix also has a nice store up in Highland Park, if you happen up
to the North Shore area. Larger selection, by far, than the Lombard
store.

Hope it helps,
Bill

--

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old September 14th 04, 07:18 PM
Colm

That does help.
I'll be in the city itself and I've only got one day so all information is welcome.

Thanks,

--
Colm

: