zoombrowser ex6 raw

Old September 15th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default zoombrowser ex6 raw

Just brought a Canon G9 which came with Zoombrowser Ex6. I want to convert
about 100 raw images to tiffs but can't find a way to do them all
automatically. I have to do each one individually and as my pc is very slow
it takes about 2min to convert just one. Does anyone know how I can get
them all converted together?

Old September 15th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim Carter[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 00:53:17 +0100, wrote:

Just brought a Canon G9 which came with Zoombrowser Ex6. I want to convert
about 100 raw images to tiffs but can't find a way to do them all
automatically. I have to do each one individually and as my pc is very slow
it takes about 2min to convert just one. Does anyone know how I can get
them all converted together?

Irfanview has a batch mode; all you need is someone to write the batch file
for you. I am assuming Irfanview can convert from raw to tiff. You could
leave the batch file running overnight.
Old September 15th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim Carter[_2_]

I am still having brain farts, an early goodnight to all.
Old September 15th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Hi,

I tried Irfanview, it does have the plugin for CR2 files and a batch
conversion function. However, the TIFF images come out in strange lines and
patterns, so something is not working as it should.

Old September 16th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PJB

The CR2 files from the G9 are not the same as for the DSLR cameras. The
software that came with the 20D doesn't work.
I have a Gigapan with a new G9 and have the same problem. I am currently
using Lightroom v 2 to batch export.

But why Canon put out software which doesn't export G9 CR2 files I'll never
understand.

My ZoomBrowser doesn't even do just 1 file at a time.

Peter
NZ

wrote in message
Just brought a Canon G9 which came with Zoombrowser Ex6. I want to
convert about 100 raw images to tiffs but can't find a way to do them all
automatically. I have to do each one individually and as my pc is very
slow it takes about 2min to convert just one. Does anyone know how I can
get them all converted together?

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --
Old September 16th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PJB

I have figured it out.

Open up Zoombrowser and select 1 of the Raw files. Then go to "Edit" then
select "Process Raw Image" click OK on the message window. You should now
have the Raw Image Process window open. Select "File" "Save" and then
choose you folders etc to save to and teh select either JPG or TIF etc and
press the "SAVE" button. All CR2 files will be convertered into your chossen
folder.

Peter Banks
New Zealand

Old September 17th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PJB

If you go choose Edit Raw Image Save when you get the grey box window
to choose the folder, JPG or TIF, it gives an option at the top of "all
images" or "select images".
Just choose the folder where the images are and then where to put the
converted images and choose JPG or TIF then hit Save.

I've just done it again myself. It works no matter how many images, All got
convertered to TIF

Old September 18th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
: But why Canon put out software which doesn't export G9 CR2 files I'll never
: understand.
:
: My ZoomBrowser doesn't even do just 1 file at a time.

Digital Photo Professional has a batch mode, and it does convert CR2 to 8-bit
and 16-bit TIFF. If that's what you mean by "the software that came with the
20D", are you sure you have the latest version?

Bob
Old September 20th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PJB

Hold on Robert. You are confusing things here.
David was asking about the Canon G9 camera which takes CR2 raw files but
they are not the same CR2 files as the 20D DSLR CR2 raw files.

I was trying to explain to him that he needed to look more carefully at the
ZoomBrowser program that came with the G9 as it does do batch conversion of
the G9 CR2 files to JPG or TIF. He doesn't think it can. So I described how
to do it.

Peter Banks
New Zealand