Which came first?

Old October 20th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Cisco Kid

Default Which came first?

never fail that when I'm on a roll on the bike (no pun intended) I see
something that would make a good shot so I have to decide whether to
keep riding or stop and shoot. Especially when I'm riding for
fitness/health...

How long do you ride? Get in 2-1/2 hrs of ridining and stopping every
20 minutes ain't gonna hurt you - you're still getting in at least 1
Hr+ of riding. Plus you're toting your gear on your back.

I just bought a used Lowepro photo bag - kind of big but fits all my
camera bodies, lenses and accessories. I've biked with my gear AND my
tripod but I have to mount my tripod along the top of the bike frame
and it extends over the handle bars making turns difficult. I need to
fing a way to possibly strap the tripod to my chest - some kind of thin
bag with a large strap.

So I forgot biking - camping, hiking, biking then photography where I
now bring my photo gear with me camping, hiking, & biking - soon to be
sailing the East Coast stopping every so often to drop the bike and
photo gear on land and bike to locations to shoot - yee-friggin-hah!
Can't wait to be living aboard. I'll be traveling from the easern shore
of Canada to the Floriday Keys, the Bahamas, and the US Virgin Islands
- and back again!

Jim

Old October 22nd 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Cisco Kid wrote:
I just bought a used Lowepro photo bag - kind of big but fits all my
camera bodies, lenses and accessories. I've biked with my gear AND my
tripod but I have to mount my tripod along the top of the bike frame
and it extends over the handle bars making turns difficult. I need to
fing a way to possibly strap the tripod to my chest - some kind of thin
bag with a large strap.

You can get one of those racksack things, like this:
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...rekker_AW.aspx
It can fit a couple of SLRs with 3-4 lenses. The tripod can go on it on
the outside. It also has a waterproof thing you pull over it when it's
raining heavily (when it's raining but not too much, the rucksack
itself is water-resistant enough). I cycle to work every day (around
15km return, I guess) and take a DSLR and three lenses with me using
the rucksack each time; it is quite comfortable. When I take the
tripod, it simply makes it a bit heavier.

The only downside is that it's a bit expensive, but I suppose that
depends on the country (Belgium is not a good place to buy such things).

Old October 23rd 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Cisco Kid

wrote:
You can get one of those racksack things, like this:
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...rekker_AW.aspx

That bag is rather small and can't fit alot of gear - I bought the
Photo Trekker.

The only downside is that it's a bit expensive,

I bought mine used online for a serious savings.