Where to find cheap Nikon FM2 and FE2..

Old January 31st 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Where to find cheap Nikon FM2 and FE2..

hello all,

Can anyone please let me know where can i find nikon fm2 or fe2 working
cameras cheaply..in india or else where in the world..

i want to buy them for some purpose....
the budget to buy one is 100$ US ..

Please if someone has any info please let me know ...

thank you

regards

Old January 31st 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On 31 Jan 2006 11:43:39 -0800, "dilip" wrote:

hello all,

Can anyone please let me know where can i find nikon fm2 or fe2 working
cameras cheaply..in india or else where in the world..

i want to buy them for some purpose....
the budget to buy one is 100$ US ..

Please if someone has any info please let me know ...

They usually go for $200 or more on ebay.

Old February 1st 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"dilip" wrote in message
oups.com...
hello all,

Can anyone please let me know where can i find nikon fm2 or fe2 working
cameras cheaply..in india or else where in the world..

i want to buy them for some purpose....
the budget to buy one is 100$ US ..

Please if someone has any info please let me know ...

thank you

Both the FM2 and FE2 are still popular here in the United States; I have
been looking for an FM2 for around a hundred dollars for some time with no
success.

You *can* find both the FM or FE in nice shape for the money you want to
pay. Have you considered going with the older models? They are both
excellent cameras.

Old February 1st 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

hello ,
No i havnt considered the older ones yet .. but if i also continue fail
in finding them .....
may be i will have to look...
but the problem is there is no one whom i know in US who can bring
these cameras for me to india ....
so again trouble...

it looks as if it a problem of luck ...

thank you

Old February 1st 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"dilip" wrote in message
ups.com...
hello ,
No i havnt considered the older ones yet .. but if i also continue fail
in finding them .....
may be i will have to look...
but the problem is there is no one whom i know in US who can bring
these cameras for me to india ....
so again trouble...

it looks as if it a problem of luck ...

thank you

There are a couple or three dozen FM2's for sale on eBay right now....Some
of them look pretty good, and they are selling for between one and two
hundred dollars US.

Old February 3rd 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Kevin M. wrote:

KEH prices are WAY high!

You get what you pay for. I can pay KEH prices or go on eBay and buy for
half as much.

Then pay half as much a second time when the first one turns out to be
so much crap.

Third time?

Old February 3rd 06, 09:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

no_name wrote:

You get what you pay for. I can pay KEH prices or go on eBay and buy for
half as much.

Last week someone offered to sell me a lens for $150. I went to KEH and
found the same lens in excelent condition, box, caps, etc for $50-$55
(there were several) and bargains, which are perfectly useable, for
$40.

For $50, I can pay to buy it from KEH, ship it airmail here, pay VAT (16.5%)
on the total including shipping and still save half. Plus KEH would warranty
it, he would not.

I then went to eBay to check the prices. The average closing price for
the same lens was $60. The only bargain was an F90 with the lens included,
that went for $120.

Some people just don't look before they bid.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/