Apple makes Macs run Windows XP

Old April 5th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Apple makes Macs run Windows XP

Interesting topic.....

Discussion on!!!!!

Just dying to see all you ms/apple freaks go nuts lol

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 5th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Interesting topic.....

Discussion on!!!!!

Just dying to see all you ms/apple freaks go nuts lol

http://www.usenet.com

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still only
be able to run Windows Apps.

Not earth shaking, but quite nice for us Apple loyalists.

Plus it's going to put a LOT of pressure Microsoft after just announcing
that VISTA is delayed yet again. If they don't watch out, they'll lose a
solid sliver of market share this holiday buying season when people
figure out they can buy another PC and run most stuff - or buy a MAC and
run anything they like.
Old April 5th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still only
be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on my
computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Old April 6th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"C J Southern" wrote in message

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still only
be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on my
computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Count your blessings and be happy, you're one of the very few.

Greg

Old April 6th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"G.T." wrote in message

"C J Southern" wrote in message

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still

only
be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on

my
computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Count your blessings and be happy, you're one of the very few.

"Blessings" have nothing to do with it. I simply run it on certified
hardware (as recommended by Microsoft), keep updates up to date, and stay
away from sex (and other malicious) sites.

And I have several hundred of my clients with PCs I've supplied and setup
the same way - they don't have any issues either.

Old April 6th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

C J Southern wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message

"C J Southern" wrote in message

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still

only

be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on

my

computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Count your blessings and be happy, you're one of the very few.

"Blessings" have nothing to do with it. I simply run it on certified
hardware (as recommended by Microsoft), keep updates up to date, and stay
away from sex (and other malicious) sites.

And I have several hundred of my clients with PCs I've supplied and setup
the same way - they don't have any issues either.

Like I said, count your blessings. We have 12 full time deskside techs
for 600 PC users backed by a team of 6 deskside engineers at HQ backed
by a team of dedicated TAMS at Microsoft and Dell. And we have only one
full time deskside tech for 80 Mac users, and he ends up helping with
the PCs, and we have no deskside engineers at HQ for Macs, and no
special deals with Apple.

You're very lucky, or your users aren't networked and don't run anything
other than Notepad.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old April 6th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

WinXP running badly is an urban legend on par with 'macs are easier to
use'.

While I like the build quality of most Macs, and repsect the
stability/security of BSD unix underneath an Apple GUI, its still just
a PC. Use the right tool for the job. It might be a mac, it might be a
Dell box, or it might be a PDA.

The irony here is that Apple is now selling Intel based machines that
can run windows -- they're PCs, with a differentiating feature of being
able to run OS/X. Its one thing, for the moment, that Dell can't
compete with.

Old April 7th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"G.T." wrote in message

"C J Southern" wrote in message

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still only
be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on my
computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Count your blessings and be happy, you're one of the very few.

Sorry, I manage a support team that takes care of over 5,000 desktops, 99%
of which run XP. It's very good. Two things I believe to be true: Windows
isn't as bad as people think, and Linux/Unix/Mac aren't as good as people
think.

Greg

Old April 7th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Kinon O'cann" Yes.it's.me.Bowser wrote in message

"G.T." wrote in message

"C J Southern" wrote in message

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will

be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still

only
be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on

my
computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Count your blessings and be happy, you're one of the very few.

Sorry, I manage a support team that takes care of over 5,000 desktops, 99%
of which run XP. It's very good. Two things I believe to be true: Windows
isn't as bad as people think, and Linux/Unix/Mac aren't as good as people
think.

Do you manage any Macs? I thought not.

Greg