Polaroid Emulsion Transfer with type 804?

Old August 7th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Bandicoot

Default Polaroid Emulsion Transfer with type 804?

OK, so I succumbed to a 10x8. Not long after getting the Arca 5x7 that is
so much nicer to use than my old Kodak 5x7, and thereby rediscovering the
joys of the larger size, I got rather lucky with an Arca 10x8. Very pleased
with it :-)

Anyway, I will not take it out of the studio much - the 5x7 is as large as I
really want to work with outdoors - but I am wondering about taking it
sometimes when I tutor a photography group. I thought it would be good for
still life demonstrations to be able to show students the image on the
larger ground glass. Then I got thinking: I always like to have a few
'extra' activities that I can use if awful weather makes us change our plans
on any of the days, and I thought that maybe emulsion transfers would be a
good 'rainy day' activity. I've done these with 4x5 film in the past, but
10x8 would make for a better 'demonstration' - and be something I might want
to do for my own work anyway.

So... I know Polaroid recommends type 809 for this, but anyone know if it
can be done with the type 804 B&W film?

Thanks,

Peter
--
http://www.bard-hill.co.uk

Old August 10th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Bandicoot

"Draco" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bandicoot wrote:

snip

So... I know Polaroid recommends type 809 for this, but anyone know if

it
can be done with the type 804 B&W film?

I don't see why not. The dye transfer can
only be done with 809. You would need
large trays and a lot of hot water to
get the emulsion to lift off the 804.

Good luck with the project.

Thanks. If it eventually works I'll try to post a link to some images.

Peter