New Canon EOS 5D

Old August 10th 05, 01:05 AM
Tony Polson

Default New Canon EOS 5D

New Canon EOS 5D ... with 12 MP ... FULL FRAME!

To be announced August 22, 2005. Shipping October 2005?

Wow.

Old August 10th 05, 01:30 AM
frederick

Tony Polson wrote:

New Canon EOS 5D ... with 12 MP ... FULL FRAME!

To be announced August 22, 2005. Shipping October 2005?

Wow.

Around US$4275...
....if that is the correct answer to the sixty four thousand dollar question.
Old August 10th 05, 01:33 AM

Sounds like 1 step below the 1ds... since the 20ds is under USD$1,500?

Not the same category?

T.

Old August 10th 05, 03:38 AM
SMS

Specs at http://alex.netfun.ro/Canon5D-specs.pdf but not in English.
Old August 10th 05, 03:39 AM
Skip M

Source?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old August 10th 05, 03:46 AM
SMS

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

If the specs and pricing are true, it seems to be positioned as a
Nikon D2x-killer.

It's really can't be compared to the D2x, other than in price, with the
larger pixels, and full frame, it's a big step up. It should be good for
D2x buyers though, since it'll likely crash the price of the D2x.
Old August 10th 05, 04:14 AM
RichA

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:07:58 +0200, Gisle Hannemyr
wrote:

frederick writes:
Tony Polson wrote:

New Canon EOS 5D ... with 12 MP ... FULL FRAME!
To be announced August 22, 2005. Shipping October 2005?
Wow.

Around US$4275...
...if that is the correct answer to the sixty four thousand dollar
question.

If the specs and pricing are true, it seems to be positioned as a
Nikon D2x-killer. If you don't need 5 or 8 fps high speed shooting
this sounds very tempting. I would love full frame in a body just
slightly larger then the 20D.

They will NEVER try to sell a 20D-type body for $4200. It will have
the usual fake "motor drive" style huge base so you think you're
getting more than you are. They have to keep up an image.
-Rich
Old August 10th 05, 04:17 AM
RichA

wrote:

frederick writes:
Tony Polson wrote:

New Canon EOS 5D ... with 12 MP ... FULL FRAME!
To be announced August 22, 2005. Shipping October 2005?
Wow.

Around US$4275...
...if that is the correct answer to the sixty four thousand dollar
question.

If the specs and pricing are true, it seems to be positioned as a
Nikon D2x-killer. If you don't need 5 or 8 fps high speed shooting
this sounds very tempting. I would love full frame in a body just
slightly larger then the 20D.

They will NEVER try to sell a 20D-type body for $4200. It will have
the usual fake "motor drive" style huge base so you think you're
getting more than you are. They have to keep up an image.
-Rich

I saw the .pdf. If it's real then they are doing what I said they
wouldn't. HOW are they going pull this off? $4275 for a camera that
appears outwardly to be like a 20D?? I suppose a huge percentage of
the cost of the body is solely for the sensor?
-Rich
Old August 10th 05, 04:19 AM
Skip M

"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote in message
frederick writes:
Tony Polson wrote:

New Canon EOS 5D ... with 12 MP ... FULL FRAME!
To be announced August 22, 2005. Shipping October 2005?
Wow.

Around US$4275...
...if that is the correct answer to the sixty four thousand dollar
question.

If the specs and pricing are true, it seems to be positioned as a
Nikon D2x-killer. If you don't need 5 or 8 fps high speed shooting
this sounds very tempting. I would love full frame in a body just
slightly larger then the 20D.

Funny, my wife was just saying we should buy another camera to augment our
20Ds...

Old August 10th 05, 04:40 AM
l e o

wrote:

frederick writes:

Tony Polson wrote:

[...]

The specification seems to suggest it's FULL frame so the price is
RIGHT. It also has spot metering that 20D lacks. It seems to beat 1D
Mark II though. Is it going to replace 1D mark II or is that going to be
updated soon too?