online film developing services

Old September 2nd 04, 08:44 AM
Arvind Saraf

Default online film developing services

Hello,

I have a bunch of films to Kodak 400 films to develop. What is the
best/ cheapest/ most reasonable site that provides the mail-in
development facility, and gives me the electronic copies of the
pictures. I am not really interested in getting the prints back.

While at it, I will appreciate suggestions on places to buy films/
Pentax lenses online?

Thanks a lot,
Arvind
Old September 2nd 04, 03:32 PM
DaveHodge

While at it, I will appreciate suggestions on places to buy films/

I buy my film and photographic paper from B&H in New York. I order by phone at
1-800-947-9960, but they have a web site at: www.bhphotovideo.com

They are very nice people.

Old September 7th 04, 06:42 PM
Arvind Saraf

ofoto.com is the best place to use. they will send the negatives to you,
and not the prints.

Yeah, but it is possible to get full resolution electronic copy of
images from them? It seems like one can't download the full resolution
pictures from their website, and they have no concept of mailing
archival CDs...?

Thanks,
Arvind

Old September 9th 04, 07:09 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Arvind,

Actually, there are a number of services to which you avail yourself. If
you are in need of a CD, and a high resolution image, consider a Photo CD.
This is an early technology that is still around and is quite a bit better
then the resolution you will get from a general Picture CD. Photo CD will
give you multiple resolution options from one file. That format is
supported in most imaging programs including Photoshop, etc.

If you are simply looking for a digital image of your images, then you can
upload your images to a service such the Kodak Picture Center Online where
you can store digital images, get prints, and also get a Picture CD Select.
This service allows you to get about 200 images on one CD. Nice option.

Ofoto offers a lot of services as well, and you may want to look into what
they offer.

Talk to you soon.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Old September 9th 04, 07:09 PM
Ron Baird

[...]

Is it Copal or copal? Then what is it? Nick Zentena Large Format Photography Equipment 14 July 27th 04 03:31 AM
Film developing Tina In The Darkroom 24 July 24th 04 06:51 PM
Insane new TSA rule for film inspection [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 94 June 23rd 04 05:17 AM
error in film developing? Stefano Bramato In The Darkroom 3 May 10th 04 07:59 AM