WTB Deardorff V11

Old October 13th 04, 07:02 AM
fp

Default WTB Deardorff V11

looking for a Deardorff V11 (11x14)
has anybody seen one for sale

or a Gandolfi 11x14

thank you
Old October 15th 04, 12:29 AM
joe smigiel

There was a Deardorff V11 on eBay within the past 2 months but I can't
find the listing now. I don't know if it sold. It was the first
listing I've ever seen there in 6 years for that camera although the
studio 11x14 'dorffs come up fairly often.

You could always try Ken Hough's website as he may have a reconditioned V11.

If you are looking for any field 11x14, Cameras West had a DeGolden
Busch last year and Photogizzmo in NYC had a couple Burke & James'
although the latter is pushing it a bit for a field camera.

Joe

Old October 15th 04, 05:40 PM
Jos. Burke

Yes the Deardorff V11 sold for like $5100 if I remember correctly (I saved
the images on my HD somewhere!) and was sold by Dagor 77. Ken Hough has no
V11 Deardorffs or any info on any for at my last contact with him. I'm
looking for one myself but currently use an Improved Seneca 11 x 14 and will
continue to use it before I spend $5000 on another wooden 11x14 but then
again a Seneca is no Deardorff but what a price difference in my $600 Seneca
in excellent shape vs. a 5K Deardorff when the results are the same!! I'm
just not as styleish and my wife wholeheartedly agrees!!
Yes, I've got a couple of Very Nice 4x5/5x7 Deardorffs and my V8 Deardorff
as well but the V11 is a bit beyond my wallet at 5k.
LOTSA LUCK IN YOUR QUEST,
J Burke

Old October 15th 04, 07:41 PM
Joe

fp wrote:
looking for a Deardorff V11 (11x14)
has anybody seen one for sale

or a Gandolfi 11x14

thank you

Take a look at:

http://209.197.89.228/WoodenCamera/index.htm

Karl Faller apparently has worked on a couple V11s. Whether he has
them for sale or not, I don't know. Perhaps he can steer you to
someone that has a V11 for sale.
Old October 19th 04, 03:12 AM
fp

Thank you everybody
I guess I was lucky this time---I found one

question to Jos Burke

I saw your post at other forum regarding LF processing question
where you mention you dev your 11x14 negs in rotary drums
which ones do you recommend
I do my 5x7/10X8 in Jobo and obviously considering getting a 3062
drum-any experience with those,
are the inserts necessary ?
and would also like to get a drum (jobo,beseler,unicolor?) for manual
processing when travelling.

thank you
Fp