Combining images to make image - program

Old June 9th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob

Default Combining images to make image - program

I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

Did see a program some time back which did this in an automatic fashion.
Not sure what it was called.

any clues where I could find this program.

thanks

Old June 9th 12, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob wrote:

I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

Did see a program some time back which did this in an automatic fashion.
Not sure what it was called.

any clues where I could find this program.

thanks

That would depend a little on how you intend to 'combine' them: panorama,
HDR, collage?? fotoxx seems to do a lot.
Old June 9th 12, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob wrote:

I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

Did see a program some time back which did this in an automatic fashion.
Not sure what it was called.

any clues where I could find this program.

thanks

There was scene like this at Trafalgar Square on
St.George's Day some years back. They took your photo
with a digital camera, then all the hundreds of pics
were displayed on a huge screen to depict another
picture. It was sponsored by the City of London
and the Daily Express to show the diversity of people
in London.
Old June 9th 12, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jimbok[_3_]

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob wrote:

I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

Sounds like you are referring to a photo mosaic program. One such
freeware program can be found here.

http://www.mosaizer.com/

You can Google for others.

--
jimbok
Old June 9th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob

On 10/06/2012 1:25 AM, jimbok wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob wrote:

I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

Sounds like you are referring to a photo mosaic program. One such
freeware program can be found here.

http://www.mosaizer.com/

You can Google for others.

This may do the trick, not sure what package I used before, its only a
toy thing to use for a one off image.

There are a couple of others mentioned on that page as well. I can only
try and see what happens.

Thanks

Old June 10th 12, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gordo

Try this, Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/ice/

Gordo