Invalid usenet

Old August 27th 11, 06:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gary G

Default Invalid usenet

This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com
Old August 27th 11, 07:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-08-26 22:36:03 -0700, Gary G see.signature@bottom said:

This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com

Bye!
When have you ever been a contributor? Why bother to come out now to
tell us you aren't going to play?

Savageduck

Old August 27th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 8/27/2011 1:36 AM, Gary G wrote:
This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

BTW I don't remember you ever posting before. What nym were you using?

--
Peter
Old August 27th 11, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 8/27/2011 2:02 PM, John A. wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:21:10 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 8/27/2011 1:36 AM, Gary G wrote:
This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I believe the proper forms are "don't let the door hit you where the
dog should have bit you", or, for the more pious, "...where the good
lord split you."

Is there also a bad Lord??
--
Peter
Old August 28th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

: wrote:
:
: On 8/27/2011 1:36 AM, Gary G wrote:
: This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
: no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.
:
:
: Kiss French. Drink California.
:
: gary at gaugler dot com
:
: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
:
: I believe the proper forms are "don't let the door hit you where the
: dog should have bit you", or, for the more pious, "...where the good
: lord split you."
:
: Is there also a bad Lord??

Oh, in some theologies, definitely. Sometimes more than one.

Bob
Old August 28th 11, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

On 8/27/2011 1:36 AM, Gary G wrote:
This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I believe the proper forms are "don't let the door hit you where the
dog should have bit you", or, for the more pious, "...where the good
lord split you."

Is there also a bad Lord??

Well, there is a Bad Santa.

Savageduck

Old September 1st 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

wrote:

On 8/27/2011 1:36 AM, Gary G wrote:
This has obviously become a useless usenet venue. It is
no longer on topic. Sad. I'm dropping it.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I believe the proper forms are "don't let the door hit you where the
dog should have bit you", or, for the more pious, "...where the good
lord split you."

Is there also a bad Lord??

Well, there is a Bad Santa.

Back to the original comment. While I was at the library I noticed that
no Usenet server was available on the library WiFi. Of course none of
the library people even knew what Usenet was.

--
Peter
Old September 8th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

PeterN wrote:
On 8/27/2011 2:02 PM, John A. wrote:

I believe the proper forms are "don't let the door hit you where the
dog should have bit you", or, for the more pious, "...where the good
lord split you."

Is there also a bad Lord??

Of course there is. In any dualist religion (like Christianity)
there's by definition an 'evil God'. You'd probably call him
Satan, Devil, and many more names. Of course, the bad God has
to be very, very powerful compared to humans, but slightly less
powerful than the good God, thus "explaining" why an omniscient,
omnipresent, omnipotent good God 'cannot' simply say "begone"
and be rid of the bad God ...

In fact, the bad God is needed to explain why the good God allows
all the bad stuff (without being bad for allowing that, like
you'd judge every mortal), and why the childish temper tantrums[0]
aren't really so bad and all that. If there was no concentrated
evil one could point to, it'd be easy to see that the 'good'
God was at best a spoiled, reckless, destructive child and at
worst rather evil himself.

At least that's the case in Christianity (and Judaism), I'm not
well enough versed in e.g. Zoroastrism to judge their good/bad cop,
aeh, God model.

It would really be a radical religion where the God(s) would
behave like *responsible*, emotionally stable grown-ups, who
also do compromize rather than force their way, and who'd not
get sexually aroused on meaningless adolation, boot licking and
cringing of humans. Never mind the torture bits ...

-Wolfgang

[0] like killing *everyone* and *everything* of his own creation[1]
on a whim because they are *just* *as* *he* *made* *them*,
and don't lick his boots enough for *his* spoiled character
... including all the blameless animals.

[1] exept a boatful
Old September 8th 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 9/8/2011 5:09 PM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The Jewish religion does not accept a concept of hell. Take it from there.

--
Peter
Old September 10th 11, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

wrote:
[...]

Did you see any mention of 'heaven' or 'hell' in the above?
Where? Where?

There's no need for either for a good God/bad God scenario.

I really don't have patience for people not even halfway
understanding what they read, but who feel their day would be
made better by ****ing in the drinking water.

-Wolfgang