Moonset Over Zion

Old July 23rd 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
M-M

Default Moonset Over Zion

Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old July 23rd 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"M-M" wrote in message
Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

--
Peter

Old July 23rd 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/23/10 8:56 AM, in article
, "Peter"
wrote:

"M-M" wrote in message
Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

And moved over to a position where the silhouette was of the tree, not the
rock.

My .02

Old July 23rd 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_12_]

In article , "Peter" wrote:
"M-M" wrote in message
Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

None of you seem happy with anyones effort unless it was "YOU" who took the
picture, then its a masterpiece. I enjoyed this photo, flaws or no flaws.
Old July 23rd 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Peter"
wrote:
"M-M" wrote in message
Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

None of you seem happy with anyones effort unless it was "YOU" who took
the
picture, then its a masterpiece. I enjoyed this photo, flaws or no flaws.

That is neither a fair, nor true comment. With the exception of our resident
troll, there have been many compliments and hopeful suggestions. Life is not
a kindergarten and I am not related to the maker. If an image is submitted
for critique and I am so inclined I will make what I hope are helpful
suggestions. Just as when I submit an image in the SI, I hope to get honest
comment.

If you like the image, it would be helpful to all of us by saying why you
like it. That too is helpful critique.

--
Peter

Old July 23rd 10, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:56:50 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?
Old July 23rd 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

wrote:

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?

The same way you take a picture of a hummingbird, with its wings frozen,
with a 28mm f5.6 lens, without strobe.

--
Peter

Old July 24th 10, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:25:09 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?

The same way you take a picture of a hummingbird, with its wings frozen,
with a 28mm f5.6 lens, without strobe.

I'm sorry, I must be dense. Can you please be more explicit?
Old July 24th 10, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"me" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:25:09 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?

The same way you take a picture of a hummingbird, with its wings frozen,
with a 28mm f5.6 lens, without strobe.

I'm sorry, I must be dense. Can you please be more explicit?

think impossible shot

--
Peter