Photo of Monastery

Old May 9th 10, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet

Default Photo of Monastery

Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old May 9th 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_12_]

In article , "mmyvusenet" wrote:
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
catholic church?
Old May 9th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck

On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, (GMAN) said:

In article , "mmyvusenet"
wrote:
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
catholic church?

Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
trying to give Miguel the same message.
He just won't take the hint.

There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

I'd be interested in seeing some street shots of the people in Lima,
but Miguel isn't interested in taking them. I respect that my
interests are not his interests.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old May 9th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_12_]

On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, (GMAN) said:

In article , "mmyvusenet"
wrote:
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
catholic church?

Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
trying to give Miguel the same message.
He just won't take the hint.

There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he can see no
other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.

Old May 9th 10, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_12_]

On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, (GMAN) said:

In article , "mmyvusenet"
wrote:
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
catholic church?

Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
trying to give Miguel the same message.
He just won't take the hint.

There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

Ageed. However it would be nice if he could just polish things up a bit
to make the shots move beyond the rut he is stuck in. I have no
objection to shots of churches and cathedrals. They can, and do make
striking subjects of photographs.
The same can be said of his captive bird and reptile shots.
Miguel has just not found the formula to give us those improved shots,
and as a result his efforts, as a student of photography are not
progressing at any appreciable rate.

I'd be interested in seeing some street shots of the people in Lima,
but Miguel isn't interested in taking them. I respect that my
interests are not his interests.

Once more, I agree. The time has come for him to find other subject
material, and street shots are a good place to find them. Street
vendors, other locals, tourists, lovers on a park bench they are all
there, or should be in a place like Lima. If not Lima he should be able
to take day trips outside the city into villages where the photo
opportunities must be endless.

Agreed, I for one would love to see shots of the street venders and
surrounding villages etc. Give us shots of things that many of us who couldnt
possibly travel down there to see.
Old May 9th 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

On 09/05/2010 07:17, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
vertical lines in such photographs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
be a good candidate for HDR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
removed.

General comments:

1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes
2) put a larger size on Flickr, discussing postage-stamp sized pictures
is tiresome

--
Bertrand
Old May 9th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700,
(GMAN) said:

In article , "mmyvusenet"
wrote:
[...]

Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?

Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
churches is "brainwashed"?

Old May 9th 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Ofnuts wrote:
mmyvusenet wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
vertical lines in such photographs.

This one is fine, the perspective doesn't bother me and at least it's
not a static centered composition.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
be a good candidate for HDR.

Way too dark and badly needs straightening, then it's fine:
http://edgehill.net/1/temp//Clipboard01.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
removed.

General comments:

1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes

Agreed!

www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Old May 10th 10, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet

"Paul Furman" escribió en el mensaje de
Ofnuts wrote:
mmyvusenet wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much for your comments, I did a change in this photo, maybe
now there is some lighting improvements:

Old May 10th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet

"Ofnuts" escribió en el mensaje de
[...]

Hello, thanks for your interesting comments, I did a change in this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

This is one of the best I could take of this part, and for the future, I'm
thinking of taking this photo with a Tripode.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com