The GIMP 2.10 Is Out

Old June 3rd 18, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default The GIMP 2.10 Is Out

I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such... I have not gotten around to try it yet but this line on the
terminal will set you up so that you can try for yourselves:

sudo port -v install gimp2 && gimp

https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.10.html

--
teleportation kills
Old June 3rd 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such...

something photoshop had in 1992.

it still does not have adjustment layers, something photoshop had in
1996, making it still useless to any serious editing.
Old June 4th 18, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such...

something photoshop had in 1992.

it still does not have adjustment layers, something photoshop had in
1996, making it still useless to any serious editing.

Photoshop was eight bits per channel until CS, IIRC...

you rc wrong. very very wrong.
Old June 4th 18, 09:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

n article , android
wrote:

I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such...

something photoshop had in 1992.

it still does not have adjustment layers, something photoshop had in
1996, making it still useless to any serious editing.

Photoshop was eight bits per channel until CS, IIRC...

CS was 32 vs 64 bits for addressing of memory, which was required
for having more total RAM for larger images.

Having 16 bit channels dates from November 1992 (version 2.5):
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_version_history

-hh
Old June 4th 18, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 6/3/2018 4:21 PM, android wrote:
I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such... I have not gotten around to try it yet but this line on the
terminal will set you up so that you can try for yourselves:

sudo port -v install gimp2 && gimp

https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.10.html

Since Gimp is useless for serious editing you should have included 'OT'
in the subject line.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old June 4th 18, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 08:57:44 -0400, Neil wrote in
:

On 6/3/2018 4:21 PM, android wrote:
I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such... I have not gotten around to try it yet but this line on the
terminal will set you up so that you can try for yourselves:

sudo port -v install gimp2 && gimp

https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.10.html

Since Gimp is useless for serious editing you should have included 'OT'
in the subject line.

It's not even though it's not my weapon of choice!

--
teleportation kills
Old June 4th 18, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray carter

On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 08:57:44 -0400, Neil wrote:

On 6/3/2018 4:21 PM, android wrote:
I noticed this while updating Macports. It now features high bit depth
and such... I have not gotten around to try it yet but this line on the
terminal will set you up so that you can try for yourselves:

sudo port -v install gimp2 && gimp

https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.10.html

Since Gimp is useless for serious editing you should have included 'OT'
in the subject line.

I must not understand the significance of 'rec' in the group name.

gimp and CMS Dale[_2_] In The Darkroom 3 October 29th 14 12:45 AM
gimp and CMS Dale[_2_] Digital Photography 3 October 29th 14 12:45 AM
GIMP Mike -- Email Ignored Digital SLR Cameras 144 September 13th 08 02:08 PM
The GIMP on the go - in your PDA! Mike Henley Digital Photography 2 October 30th 05 08:20 AM
help with the GIMP Peter Medium Format Photography Equipment 5 April 13th 04 12:28 AM