My Photos of Hawaii

Old May 5th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default My Photos of Hawaii

wrote:
I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

You must be joking - there are hundreds of them. You think people have
the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

Pick your best 12 and put those up for comment. Then you might get some
useful feedback.
Old May 5th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Derek Fountain wrote:
wrote:
I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

You must be joking - there are hundreds of them.

My last count was just under 1300.

You think people have
the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
these days.

Pick your best 12 and put those up for comment. Then you might get some
useful feedback.

I already have gotten useful feedback, just not from Usenet.
Thankfully, I have access to other forums, online and off.

Old May 5th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Ron Hunter wrote:

You should have driven to the top of the volcano. Most impressive! Go
back and see that one!

Yes, that is one of my regrets from that trip. I had particularly
wanted to see the caldera. Unfortunately, I just wasn't able to do it.
Fortunately, that does not mean the entire trip was wasted. Far from
it!

Old May 5th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Ron Hunter wrote:
You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?

)
Old May 5th 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

My last count was just under 1300.

You think people have
the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
these days.

You're not infringing on anything, because no one with an opinion worth
having is going to sift through 1,300 of your holiday photos to give you
feedback on them.
Old May 5th 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Derek Fountain wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?

)

Meaning what, exactly? I can't wait to hear this one.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
Old May 5th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Derek Fountain" wrote in message
reenews.net...
My last count was just under 1300.

You think people have
the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
these days.

You're not infringing on anything, because no one with an opinion worth
having is going to sift through 1,300 of your holiday photos to give you
feedback on them.

Hawaii is a place I really love but these photos seem to me like a total
waste of a trip.

Old May 5th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?

)

Meaning what, exactly? I can't wait to hear this one.

Most people of other nationalities would climb a volcano. You know, pull
on boots and use their legs to propel themselves up the side of it? This
results in exercise and a sense of personal achievement. I figured only
an American would recommend driving up one.
Old May 5th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Derek Fountain" wrote in message
reenews.net...
You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?

)

Meaning what, exactly? I can't wait to hear this one.

Most people of other nationalities would climb a volcano. You know, pull
on boots and use their legs to propel themselves up the side of it? This
results in exercise and a sense of personal achievement. I figured only an
American would recommend driving up one.

LOL, there used to drive bus loads of people to the top of Mt Kosiousko for
a look, now the closest you can get in a vehicle is about 6Km.

Old May 5th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On Fri, 05 May 2006 11:28:29 +0100, Derek Fountain
wrote:

My last count was just under 1300.

You think people have
the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
these days.

You're not infringing on anything, because no one with an opinion worth
having is going to sift through 1,300 of your holiday photos to give you
feedback on them.

It's a matter of perspective.... you see all of your photos as a chance to
relive each moment of your great trip to Hawaii, while the rest of us see
it as a tremendous amount of individual photos. Overall they do tell a
story but the same story could be told with far less photos.
Reminds me of back in the days when slides (or home movies) were
so popular. A neighbor would take a trip, come home and invite all the
neighbors in to see them. About midnight with 4 or 5 more trays of slides
to view folks would get restless and sleepy ..... it gets old.
Enjoy your photos but for the rest of us, it's a bit much!
Jack Mac