'3D'

Old June 6th 20, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
nospam

Default Second opinion requested! Does anyone else get a warning? (was - Oops! (Was - '3D'))

In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

- ditch kaspersky (best choice, it shouldn't be used for *many* reasons)
- skip it entirely (second best choice, it's not worth the effort)
- use a proxy to circumvent the block
- whitelist the site, either temporarily or permanently
Old June 6th 20, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

Default Oops! (Was - '3D')

On 06/06/2020 18:22, John McWilliams wrote:
On 6/4/20Â*Â* PDT 9:35 AM, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the
first on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)

Lovely shot. Is that on the Cherwell? And where does that bloody river
end up anyway?

Thank you. :-)

Banbury is on the South Oxford canal. Further south, the canal joins the
River Cherwell - which has been 'canalised' - for a while before the
canal splits off and continues all the way into Oxford. The Cherwell
itself takes a long and meandering path and eventually joins the River
Thames in Oxford.

Here's a shot looking north; you can see the road bridge from which the
panorama view was taken.

Sadly,the green bridge just behind the subject of this image has now
been removed.

https://ibb.co/LpKqJtr

--
David
Old June 7th 20, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 7/06/2020 5:22 am, John McWilliams wrote:
On 6/4/20Â*Â* PDT 9:35 AM, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the
first on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)

Lovely shot. Is that on the Cherwell? And where does that bloody river
end up anyway?

In the sea ? Usually at least ...

;-)

geoff
Old June 7th 20, 12:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:23:57 -0700, John McWilliams
wrote:

On 6/6/20 PDT 5:42 AM, David_B wrote:
On 06/06/2020 04:18, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:58:14 +1200, geoff
wrote:

On 5/06/2020 4:35 am, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the
first on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)

Yeah I wondered where the image link was.

Presumably you mean the first 'whole' boat on LHS ?

Nice pic, niceÂ* boats. Great sense of depth. I think I would find the
mentioned faux '3D' effect detracting from it.

geoff

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ejgecx8uk...nbury.jpg?dl=0

Old June 7th 20, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David_B[_4_]

wrote:

On 5/06/2020 4:35 am, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the
first on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)

Yeah I wondered where the image link was.

Presumably you mean the first 'whole' boat on LHS ?

Nice pic, niceÂ* boats. Great sense of depth. I think I would find the
mentioned faux '3D' effect detracting from it.

geoff

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ejgecx8uk...nbury.jpg?dl=0

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

Thanks, Eric.

Please will you type out here the full name of the link being shown By
Kaspersky?

If you wish to explore further yourself, simply copy/paste the link into
Virus Total - select 'URL', he-
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

Thanks

Old June 9th 20, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David_B[_4_]

On 06/06/2020 19:05, nospam wrote:
In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

- ditch kaspersky (best choice, it shouldn't be used for *many* reasons)
- skip it entirely (second best choice, it's not worth the effort)
- use a proxy to circumvent the block
- whitelist the site, either temporarily or permanently

Which AV software do YOU recommend one should use on an Apple computer?
Old June 9th 20, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_10_]

wrote:

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

- ditch kaspersky (best choice, it shouldn't be used for *many* reasons)
- skip it entirely (second best choice, it's not worth the effort)
- use a proxy to circumvent the block
- whitelist the site, either temporarily or permanently

Which AV software do YOU recommend one should use on an Apple computer?

Start working your way through the list ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...software#macOS

Paul
Old June 9th 20, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
David_B[_4_]

wrote:

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

- ditch kaspersky (best choice, it shouldn't be used for *many* reasons)
- skip it entirely (second best choice, it's not worth the effort)
- use a proxy to circumvent the block
- whitelist the site, either temporarily or permanently

Which AV software do YOU recommend one should use on an Apple computer?

Start working your way through the list ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...software#macOS

Â*Â* Paul

That's really comprehensive list. Thanks, Paul.

I've already tried many of them! :-)

I'm puzzled as to why THIS product hasn't found its way onto the list of
the best in the business though:-

https://www.clamxav.com

Any thoughts as to why it doesn't feature in the listing?

--
David
Old June 9th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
Mike Easter

David_B wrote:
I'm puzzled as to why THIS product hasn't found its way onto the list of
the best in the business though:-

https://www.clamxav.com

Any thoughts as to why it doesn't feature in the listing?

wp:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...edit&section=4

To be included in this list, the product must be notable, which means it must have an article written first. Redlinks or entries not linked to an article will be removed.

ClamXAV does not have a wp article. It is (only) mentioned in the
ClamAV wp article.

I don't doubt that if the ClamXAV dev/s would go to the trouble to
create an entry for the wp that was appropriate for acceptance, that
they could also edit the Mac table to include clamxav.

For examples: the tables include two other softwares which are based on
the clamav engine, ClamWin and Immunet (now under Cisco), both of which
have wp articles.

It would be logical for the tables to include clamxav if there /were/ a
wp article which is not at all impossible or even particularly difficult
to achieve.

ClamAV is an AV of 'modest' capabilities.

--
Mike Easter
Old June 10th 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
geoff

On 10/06/2020 7:39 am, David_B wrote:

I'm puzzled as to why THIS product hasn't found its way onto the list of
the best in the business though:-

https://www.clamxav.com

Any thoughts as to why it doesn't feature in the listing?

Sounds like a medicinal vaginal treatment. Possibly could be
better-named.

geoff