R2880 and RedRiver Paper

Old December 8th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
peter

Default R2880 and RedRiver Paper

On 12/7/2010 4:11 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-12-06 20:41 , peter wrote:
On 12/6/2010 8:33 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-12-06 20:22 , peter wrote:
On 12/5/2010 10:26 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-12-04 10:02 , peter wrote:
On 12/4/2010 9:26 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-12-04 0:12 , peter wrote:

Do you think the might do it to boost paper sales?

No. Customers are an ornery lot.

Well we disagree. (what else is new.)
Epson uses the razor blade business model

And customers are using the indifference model. Again: the 3800 manual
talks about 3rd party paper, profiling and printer adjustments for odd
thickness paper.

Last night, following the perilous treck to Plattsburgh NY
(backroads to
a lonely border crossing) - no waiting. I picked up the paper (which I
ordered from Red River).

Then went to a surprise party for a friend at her daughter's house.
The
walls were covered in very good, beautifully printed photographs.
Quality, composition, etc. were fantastic. Turns out the husband is a
photographic director in the film industry. I mentioned that a lot of
his prints were obviously from film, etc. He does his own colour
prints,
but has recently switched to digital and printing - lo and behold - on
an Epson printer. Paper? Ilford. A friend of his was there, also a
photographer (amateur). Paper? Some artsy brand I'd never heard of
(and
don't remember)... printer: Epson 3800 (same as mine).

I've yet to find anyone with a high end printer that sticks to the
printer "recommended" paper. I'm sure Epson are aware of that - and
esp.
in these days of the internet and all the information out there, that
there are so many brand rebels that exceptions override manuf.
"suggestions".

May you have many fine prints from it.

Sure Bruce.

?????
I was wishing you well. Did I say the wrong thing?

Nope. Couldn't have been better.

I don't understand the reference to Bruce. I considered being called
Bruce, to be an insult.

--
Peter
Old December 8th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 10-12-07 20:15 , peter wrote:

I don't understand the reference to Bruce. I considered being called
Bruce, to be an insult.

I apologize for calling you Bruce. However, there _is_ worse.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old December 10th 10, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
peter

On 12/8/2010 6:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-12-07 20:15 , peter wrote:

I don't understand the reference to Bruce. I considered being called
Bruce, to be an insult.

I apologize for calling you Bruce. However, there _is_ worse.

\Of course there is always worse. No matter how bad things get, they can
always get worse.
Apology accepted.

--
Peter

Epson R2880 Savageduck[_3_] 35mm Photo Equipment 32 November 12th 10 10:30 PM
paper fog Joe In The Darkroom 8 January 18th 06 12:46 AM
paper profiles for canon paper cplvsv Digital Photography 0 October 14th 05 12:40 AM
FA: Doran Premier Paper Safe for 11x14" paper LIKE NEW Nobody Darkroom Equipment For Sale 0 July 27th 05 03:53 AM
Use for old paper? Gilbert Dumont In The Darkroom 6 May 8th 04 02:31 PM