Another plastic body bites the dust

Old September 16th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default Another plastic body bites the dust

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:53:59 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

The Nikon D90 becomes the D7000, body goes from plastic to metal.

Only the top and bottom plates. The rest is plastic.
Old September 17th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Andrew Reilly

wrote:

The Nikon D90 becomes the D7000, body goes from plastic to metal.

Only the top and bottom plates. The rest is plastic.

Doesn't look like that he

From the dpreview preview:
http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1009/...Mgbody_2_l.jpg

--
Andrew
Old September 17th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

wrote:

The Nikon D90 becomes the D7000, body goes from plastic to metal.

Only the top and bottom plates. The rest is plastic.

Doesn't look like that he

From the dpreview preview:
http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1009/...Mgbody_2_l.jpg

Either way, it is a thin skin of magnesium/aluminum alloy over a
polycarbonate body structure.

It is to give people like RichA the illusion that they have a
metal-bodied camera, when the trust is that they have a plastic-bodied
camera with a thin metal shell glued to it.

These magnesium alloy-shelled plastic-bodied cameras are a very long
way from the metal body/metal chassis SLRs of the 1960s and 70s. But
it is possible to fool some people all the time ... just cover up the
plastic with some thin metal, and some people think you have a modern
version of the Pentax Spotmatic or Nikon F. ;-)

Yet structurally the combination might surpass the performance of both
materials when used independently. This is why some car bodies and other
items are constructed with a metal layer over plastics, and vice-versa, to
make them nearly dent-proof with greater structural integrity. You all just
love to assume so much about things with which you have no experience
whatsoever. Then others equally ignorant mindlessly parrot it like they are
some kind of now well-known facts. There should be a new word to define
this behavior. Perhaps something like "blignorance". For the bliss attained
while in a state of ignorance by psychotically assuming one is correct.
These newsgroups are crawling wall-to-wall with people displaying this
behavior.

Old September 17th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:35:14 +0100, Bruce wrote:

Superzooms Still Win wrote:
[...]

Agree 100%. I was just pointing out RichA's ridiculous assertions of
the alleged superiority of all-metal construction, when it is in fact
a very thin alloy skin over plastic.

You all just
love to assume so much about things with which you have no experience
whatsoever. Then others equally ignorant mindlessly parrot it like they are
some kind of now well-known facts. There should be a new word to define
this behavior. Perhaps something like "blignorance". For the bliss attained
while in a state of ignorance by psychotically assuming one is correct.
These newsgroups are crawling wall-to-wall with people displaying this
behavior.

Why do you - repeatedly - have to spoil what could have been an
intelligent and well-reasoned contribution to a discussion by
obsessive personal attacks and insults that are so often misdirected?
Perhaps you are equally as afraid of people agreeing with you as
arguing with you.

Not misdirected. The "you" in my above comment is being directed to all in
these newsgroups. Hence, the "You all ..." opener.

Worse than having someone disagree with you is having them agree with you.
I neither want nor need anyone agreeing with me in life. There's nothing
worse in the world than encouraging people into becoming just more mindless
followers. I never assume something to be true just because people agree.
This is precisely how I found out what total idiots write up the reviews at
dpreview. Not to mention the supreme folly of "dslr superiority". By doing
my own independent tests and not becoming just another mindless follower
parroting the biased stupidity and ignorance of others--no matter how much
of an "x-spurt" that they themselves or others might claim them to be. They
could have twenty sheepskins on their wall and they still might be complete
morons. I've met people like that during my travels in life. Only when I
have removed all doubt, on my own, independently of all others, can I be
99% certain of what I claim. I welcome the person who might have the
missing 1% to prove me wrong, so I am then forced to reconsider my
near-certain assessment with further research. People with the intellect
and experience capable of providing that missing 1% of information that
could make me reconsider what I have discovered on my own are far and few
between, nearly non-existent.

"Belief is not the beginning but the end of all knowledge." - Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe

I, for one, refuse to give up on knowledge by just assuming a belief that
all others agree on, because it's so much more convenient for them that
way. Their bliss of self-induced ignorance borne of lazy minds and spirits.

Old September 17th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

On 17/09/2010 16:07, Superzooms Still Win wrote:

"Belief is not the beginning but the end of all knowledge." - Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe

I, for one, refuse to give up on knowledge by just assuming a belief that
all others agree on, because it's so much more convenient for them that
way. Their bliss of self-induced ignorance borne of lazy minds and spirits.

So, before posting here, you have made sure that you can rebuild from
plain sand and other minerals all the computers used to make your prose
available here (starting with your own) as well rewrite all the
necessary software and redemonstrate all the math involved... So where
are your first posts in Morse code?

--
Bertrand
Old September 17th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:43:32 +0200, Ofnuts
wrote:

On 17/09/2010 16:07, Superzooms Still Win wrote:

"Belief is not the beginning but the end of all knowledge." - Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe

I, for one, refuse to give up on knowledge by just assuming a belief that
all others agree on, because it's so much more convenient for them that
way. Their bliss of self-induced ignorance borne of lazy minds and spirits.

So, before posting here, you have made sure that you can rebuild from
plain sand and other minerals all the computers used to make your prose
available here (starting with your own) as well rewrite all the
necessary software and redemonstrate all the math involved... So where
are your first posts in Morse code?

Oh look, a troll idiot assuming that just because it's software or a
computer that it's always going to work just because you believe it will.

Got any other pea-brained flea-bitten analogies that you can pull out of
your ass?

Old September 17th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

wrote:

The Nikon D90 becomes the D7000, body goes from plastic to metal.

Only the top and bottom plates. The rest is plastic.

Doesn't look like that he

From the dpreview preview:
http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1009/...Mgbody_2_l.jpg

My mistake, only the top and rear plates. It is NOT a fully metal
construction.
Old September 19th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:05:21 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
wrote:
: Yet structurally the combination might surpass the performance of both
: materials when used independently. This is why some car bodies and other
: items are constructed with a metal layer over plastics, and vice-versa,
: to make them nearly dent-proof with greater structural integrity. You
: all just love to assume so much about things with which you have no
: experience whatsoever. Then others equally ignorant mindlessly parrot
: it like they are some kind of now well-known facts. There should be a
: new word to define this behavior. Perhaps something like "blignorance".
: For the bliss attained while in a state of ignorance by psychotically
: assuming one is correct. These newsgroups are crawling wall-to-wall
: with people displaying this behavior.

Supy manages to work the term "psychotic" into virtually every post nowsdays.
I wonder if it means that he's starting to listen to his headshrinker.

Bob