Happy Holidays

Old December 24th 04, 12:35 AM
Charlie Self

Ben Thomas writes:

Merry Christmas to you and all here too.

It looks like Australia will be further Americanised, as some have started
saying Happy Holidays here this year, instead of Happy Christmas. Previously
people didn't take offence if someone wished them happy Christmas if they
weren't religious or of another faith. I don't see why we should change that.

And Merry Christmas from the U.S.

Charlie Self
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Old December 24th 04, 12:38 AM
MarkČ

"Ben Thomas" wrote in message
Happy Holidays to all of the board members and their family and friends
!

It has been a great year and I look forward to discussing many great
topics in the coming year.

Mike@
www.thoroughbredphotos.net

Merry Christmas to you and all here too.

It looks like Australia will be further Americanised, as some have started
saying Happy Holidays here this year, instead of Happy Christmas.

Previously
people didn't take offence if someone wished them happy Christmas if they
weren't religious or of another faith. I don't see why we should change

that.

Hear-hear!!!

Happy Christmas to you.

Old December 24th 04, 12:45 AM
Ken Weitzel

Charlie Self wrote:

Ben Thomas writes:

Merry Christmas to you and all here too.

It looks like Australia will be further Americanised, as some have started
saying Happy Holidays here this year, instead of Happy Christmas. Previously
people didn't take offence if someone wished them happy Christmas if they
weren't religious or of another faith. I don't see why we should change that.

And Merry Christmas from the U.S.

And a Merry Christmas to one and all from Canada.

Ken

Old December 24th 04, 02:03 AM
Lisa Horton

"MarkČ" wrote:

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

"MarkČ" wrote:

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

"MarkČ" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Happy Holidays to all of the board members and their family and
friends
!

Which Holidays?

The various ones that all happen in the last month of the year? Need

he
be more specific?

There are only two.

Christmas and New Year's Day.

But then there is always...

...Christma-kwansa-hannedon...for the shamelessly PC among us.

Merry Christmas.

I'm surprised, Mark, that you would leave out Hanukkah, a holiday equal
to Christmas in religious stature, if not commercial stature.

I didn't. You just missed it, Lisa.
It's the first part of "hannedon" (guess I should have spelled it hanudon).
People are too easily offended.
If someone wishes you a Happy Hanukah, are you offended???
I certainly wouldn't be, though I am not Jewish.

I guess I missed that part. Although not Jewish, I respect the
traditions of those who celebrate Hanukkah rather than Christmas.
Finding appropriate wrapping paper takes a little effort though.

Then
there's the Winter Solstice, the pagan holiday that is the reason we
celebrate Christ's birthday at, well, at the time of the winter
solstice, actually. There are many ways to believe.

There are lots of ways to believe, but they cannot all be simultaneously
true.
History is history.
Facts are facts.
Either there is a God with a son named Jesus, or there isn't.
Islam is factual and true, or it isn't.
Either the messiah really DID come (Christianity) or he didn't (Jewish
belief).
Don't mistake belief for reality. They are not necessarily interchangeable.
We can't ALL be right...and please note my lack of declaration as to which
is or is not... That's for you to decide...and ultimately be right or wrong
about in the vast scheme of things. Which I had proof one way or the
other...

It seems indisputable that there was this guy, about 2000 years ago.
Exactly what he represents and did enter into the realm of the
disputable. I'm not saying he wasn't, either.

There is a scenario in which we actually could all be right, it just
takes an interpretation of the various texts that is less literal and
more oriented towards basic concepts. But this is hardly the place to
discuss theology

Lisa
Old December 24th 04, 02:36 AM
Rick

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Charlie Self wrote:

Ben Thomas writes:

Merry Christmas to you and all here too.

It looks like Australia will be further Americanised, as some have
started saying Happy Holidays here this year, instead of Happy Christmas.
Previously people didn't take offence if someone wished them happy
Christmas if they weren't religious or of another faith. I don't see why
we should change that.

And Merry Christmas from the U.S.

And a Merry Christmas to one and all from Canada.

Ken

Cheers Ken, Wishing all a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to from the US.

Rick

Old December 24th 04, 09:29 AM
Pepys

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
news1Jyd.1534$yW5.577@fed1read02...

Either there is a God with a son named Jesus, or there isn't.
Islam is factual and true, or it isn't.
Either the messiah really DID come (Christianity) or he didn't (Jewish
belief).

'tis all based on parable, myth and ********.

Sam

Old December 24th 04, 09:38 AM
MarkČ

"Pepys" wrote in message

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
news1Jyd.1534$yW5.577@fed1read02...

Either there is a God with a son named Jesus, or there isn't.
Islam is factual and true, or it isn't.
Either the messiah really DID come (Christianity) or he didn't (Jewish
belief).

'tis all based on parable, myth and ********.

Sam

Thus spake Sam.