low light video capture performace

Old February 7th 05, 10:49 PM

Default low light video capture performace

I have been using a 3.2 MP still and a 640x480 mini dv camcorder (with
no firewire out!) for the past 5 years or so. I'd like to upgrade to a
high quality still camera with 640x480 30fps capability, so I can get
rid of carrying around two devices.

Video-wise... I've seen sample video clips on the internet of what some
of the current technology can do. I'm pretty pleased with what I see.
We don't have real high needs, I just want a fairly decent looking
picture and have the ease of not having to capture it on the PC.

The problem is... what I HAVE NOT been able to see/research are
samples of low light video. I'm talking, just some house lights on
after dark at home when you're chasing around the rug rats with the
camera. How grainy/artifacty is the picture? Any testinmoy from dual
function camera owners?

Old February 8th 05, 03:50 AM
Toni

Any testinmoy from dual
function camera owners?

You will need a tripod, as any camera movement will cause great blurring under
the low light/night setting. The blurring is like the little blue swooshing
that follows the puck on tv hockey games.

2-Ton Toni