Continuous with D100

Old December 9th 04, 04:06 PM
Danilo

Default Continuous with D100

Hello from Danilo!
If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?

I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
a few time at high resolution.
I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
May I do everything with mirror locked up?

Thanks a lot! Danilo
Old December 9th 04, 07:01 PM
Fletis Humplebacker

"Danilo"
Hello from Danilo!
If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?

I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
a few time at high resolution.
I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
May I do everything with mirror locked up?

Thanks a lot! Danilo

I don't think you can bypass the CF card. Also mine stops at three shots
in the raw setting to unload the buffer. You need AC power to operate
the mirror lockup feature (with adapter) or I think an authorized Nikon
dealer can set it up. Why not just use a big enough CF card and a remote
cable shutter release?

Old December 9th 04, 10:14 PM
Walter Hofmann

Fletis Humplebacker ! schrieb:

"Danilo"
Hello from Danilo!
If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?

I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
a few time at high resolution.
I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
May I do everything with mirror locked up?

Thanks a lot! Danilo

I don't think you can bypass the CF card.

This is possible with Nikon Capture.

You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

No, just set the custom function for it.

Walter

Old December 10th 04, 05:56 PM
Fletis Humplebacker

"Walter Hofmann"
Fletis Humplebacker ! schrieb:

You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

No, just set the custom function for it.

Walter

That isn't a true mirror lockup. It is no different than using the timer.
A true mirror lockup will allow for instant shutter release.