P&S camera with GPS?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 14th 18, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default P&S camera with GPS?

On 14/01/2018 00:06, micky wrote:
In rec.photo.digital, on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 03:55:30 -0500, micky
wrote:

So any chance to find a small P&S camera with GPS or geo-tagging?

I lost track of who suggested my phone!! I immediately checked the exif
info for pictures I've taken with my previous phone (that broke) and
there was no geo-data.

I had to get a new phone, a better one, but still only $240, and I've
taken a few pictures, but haven't copied them to the computer yet and
don't know if it has geo-data or not. It didn't say it did in the
advertising.

Even though I said I was only a tourist, I like taking pictures with a
real camera. With the phone I feel like a tourist squared! But still,
when I'm some place with no context, or only taking one or two pictures,
or that will be hard to find again, using the phone will be a v. good
idea.

Thanks all.

Possibly my suggestion.

Most phones have GPS included, perhaps your does not, or perhaps there's
an option to enable geo-tagging in the EXIF data. Let's hope the new
phone does.

I used to carry round a Nikon DSLR, but that became too heavy and bulky
for me I move to a micro-four-thirds system (Panasonic GX7) with which
I've been delighted. Of course, I need to geo-tag the pictures so I use
a separate GPS USB-sized stick which I've found very reliable. Having
now upgraded to a Moto G5 plus phone I find the images taken by that
very acceptable, typically for outdoor shots, but also for indoor shots
of restaurant food. There's not 18 x 20 quality, of course, but
adequate for my needs. My latest addition is a very compact P&S camera
with a 30:1 zoom (Panasonic TZ90), the zoom overcoming the limitations
of the phone!

--
Cheers,
David