Check out this scam

Old July 7th 04, 05:44 AM
DR

Default Check out this scam

Check out this scam I came across... On amazon too..The seller has been
removed. (I think, bc it doens't show up any longer when I search for D70 on
there anyhow) some guy selling 10D's and D70's for ridiculously cheap. D70
with lens for like 800$ and a 10D for like 900...

Here's the response I got from him.

Hello ,
The cameras are brand new in the retail box! Comes with USA one-year
warranty! Never opened! Never used! i will ship with insurance and email you
the
UPS tracking # within 24 hours after the payment is done. No shipping
TAX,
i'll use UPS Air Express for delivery 36-48 hrs to you.
here are few tehnical camera detailes and i've opend a camera box to
make
few pics, in your attach files you can see the camera condition.
All my cameras are brand new in the retail box with one year
waranty,
it is NTSC US version.

All manuals, software, cables, and paper work are included in the original
box
never opend.
Note: all my cameras are brand new in the box with one year transferable
waranty.
If you agree to buy from me you need to pay by this system:
https://netsage.finali.com/netsage?c...ttps%3A%2F%2Fw
umt.westernunion.com%2Fasp%2FmtReceiver.asp
is easy and very fast for both of us, once that the payment is done you 'll
forward me the payment receipt , i 'll check the founds on the site and
i'll
give you the UPS tracking # within 24 hours.So if you are still interest
here
are the payment detailes:
First name: TITI
Last name: MIRICA
Street: GRAN VIA 20,
City: MADRID
Zip code: 28013,
Country: SPAIN
so i need your full shipping detailes to can arange the delivery, but
please
don't forgot after the payment is done forward me the payment receipt to
can
check the founds on the site.
Hope to receive your quick answer!
Titi.

Old July 7th 04, 12:43 PM
Mark B.

If it sounds too good to be true, keep away. Request for payment via
Western Union is generally known to be a huge red flag.

Mark

Old July 7th 04, 11:55 PM
Darrell Larose

"Mark B." wrote in message
If it sounds too good to be true, keep away. Request for payment via
Western Union is generally known to be a huge red flag.

Mark

Normally these scams are based in the Balkans where you have zero recourse
for legal action. I don't know the Spanish laws, but I bet you have to file
a claim in the local jurisdiction that the scam originated in.

Old July 8th 04, 07:46 AM
zorg

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 22:55:14 GMT, "Darrell Larose" wrote:

"Mark B." wrote in message
If it sounds too good to be true, keep away. Request for payment via
Western Union is generally known to be a huge red flag.

Mark

Normally these scams are based in the Balkans where you have zero recourse
for legal action. I don't know the Spanish laws, but I bet you have to file
a claim in the local jurisdiction that the scam originated in.

Indeed. However, you'll never find the person responsible. It's very
easy to get fake ID, or indeed stolen ID. That is all the perpetrator
needs to get the money via WesternUnion.

I was so close to buying a ridiculously cheap XL S1 camcorder from a
chap(?) in Sardinia. Alarm bells were ringing. I knew about the WU scams
but did have a (quite) professional web site with online ordering (but
again only payment was WU).

I did a little reseach on the Internet, found that there was a hotel
very close on the same street as the shop was meant to be. So I
contacted the hotel and they told me there was no such shop, it was in
fact a Medical facility.

I'd be very wary.

Adey

Old July 8th 04, 07:46 AM
zorg

"Mark B." wrote in message
[...]

wedding photography scam??? Sumjo Yoo Donoe Medium Format Photography Equipment 3 June 23rd 04 03:19 PM
Wedding photography scam?? Sumjo Yoo Donoe Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 June 23rd 04 12:39 AM
Check out my new photogrraphy website http://home.earthlink.net/~pkphotography Paul APS Photographic Equipment 1 April 17th 04 01:11 AM
ebay scam Boo In The Darkroom 24 March 14th 04 07:44 PM
Nature shots from Mexico and South Georgia. Please check them out!! Lee Hiers, AA4GA Photographing Nature 0 December 16th 03 03:44 AM