[Survey] -Prime Lenses in the kit -results

Old June 24th 04, 12:09 AM
William Graham

Default [Survey] -Prime Lenses in the kit -results

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
According to the New York Times, last year White House lawyers concluded
that President Bush could legally order interrogators to torture and even
kill people in the interest of national security--so if that's legal,
what the hell are we charging Saddam Hussein with?

Killing & torturing them without any threat to his national
security......Just because he liked to kill & torture people.

- Jay Leno, The Tonight Show, 6/10/04

Old June 24th 04, 12:18 AM
Frank ess

William Graham wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
According to the New York Times, last year White House lawyers
concluded that President Bush could legally order interrogators to
torture and even kill people in the interest of national
security--so if that's legal, what the hell are we charging Saddam
Hussein with?

Killing & torturing them without any threat to his national
security......Just because he liked to kill & torture people.

He "liked" to kill and torture people to keep the remainder docile. Now
they are discovering what non-docile behavior can do. Ol' Bush
accomplished something, anyway.

Old June 24th 04, 01:24 AM
William Graham

"Frank ess" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
According to the New York Times, last year White House lawyers
concluded that President Bush could legally order interrogators to
torture and even kill people in the interest of national
security--so if that's legal, what the hell are we charging Saddam
Hussein with?

Killing & torturing them without any threat to his national
security......Just because he liked to kill & torture people.

He "liked" to kill and torture people to keep the remainder docile. Now
they are discovering what non-docile behavior can do. Ol' Bush
accomplished something, anyway.

Yes.....Bush freed the Iraqi people. If only for a little while. I hope they
remain free, but if they don't, at least Bush gave them the chance. But you
are definitely right. A tyrant has to kill large numbers of people to keep
the rest docile. And, as long as one has to kill people, one might as well
have lots of fun doing it, so that explains Saddam's torture chambers and
rape rooms. And if Jay Leno doesn't see that Bush doesn't maintain torture
chambers and rape rooms, well, that's his stupidity, not mine, but I'm sure
he got a good laugh with his little joke.

Old June 24th 04, 04:43 AM
D.R.

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Frank ess" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
[...]

How come now that the iraqi oil has been liberated, that
we are still paying record high price at the pump for gas?
Damn that Iraq, I don't know how the US oil got under their
sand in the first place....

Old June 24th 04, 06:34 AM
William Graham

"Frank ess" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
[...]

Well, if you want to change the subject.....Sure, ---I'll bite. I was in
Europe about 15 years ago, and I had to pay $3.50 a gallon for gasoline.
Today, $2.20 a gallon here in the US is really pretty cheap. Why the price
is exactly what it is I can't say for sure, but the ME cartel fixes the
price to maximize the amount of money they make, and the president tries to
not use up our oil reserves so that when the world runs out of oil, we will
be the last ones to run out. I have it on pretty good authority that we
won't run out for another 50 years or more, so I think it's a moot point,
because by that time there will be enough alternative energy sources that it
won't really matter. (In my opinion)
As far as the "US oil getting under their sand", if it weren't for the
West, they would still be riding their camels over that sand and wouldn't
have a clue that there was anything down there that was more valuable than
well water. We found it, drilled for it, pumped it up, built the refineries
and cracked it into gasoline, sold them the Caddies, and built their roads
and taught them how to drive around with it. All they ever learned to do was
quote the Koran and hate Americans. Belong to us? - No, not quite. But
pretty damn near.........

Old June 24th 04, 12:14 PM
Sander Vesik

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm D.R. DR@newzealand wrote:

How come now that the iraqi oil has been liberated, that
we are still paying record high price at the pump for gas?
Damn that Iraq, I don't know how the US oil got under their
sand in the first place....

That is much more related to unrest in middle east (of which
there is much more) than Iraqi oil.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old June 24th 04, 12:51 PM
adm

"Sander Vesik" wrote in message
In rec.photo.equipment.35mm D.R. DR@newzealand wrote:

How come now that the iraqi oil has been liberated, that
we are still paying record high price at the pump for gas?

So Bush's buddies can make out like gangbusters of course. Cheap oil doesn't
reallly work well for oil companies. They like to buy it low and then sell
it high.

Damn that Iraq, I don't know how the US oil got under their
sand in the first place....

That is much more related to unrest in middle east (of which
there is much more) than Iraqi oil.

But almost all the unrest in the ME is caused by American industrial
imperialism and support for Israeli occupation of Palestinian (claimed)
territory.

Old June 24th 04, 02:02 PM
Bandicoot

"Frank ess" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
[...]

In the case of Iraq, actually it was us, not you...

You did it with Saudi.

Peter