Non Digital Cameras-How to dispose them?

Old September 14th 11, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bm

Default Non Digital Cameras-How to dispose them?

I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
Is there anyone who would want them ?
Blair

Old September 15th 11, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On 9/14/2011 9:38 AM, bm wrote:
I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
Is there anyone who would want them ?
Blair

I just sold a Canon T2 body for $55 on ebay.
Old September 15th 11, 02:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:38:23 +0100, "bm" wrote:
: I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand
: for them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not
: seem right. Is there anyone who would want them ?

See if your local high school or community college wants them. For reasons I
don't entirely grasp, such institutions sometimes want to teach their
photography students about film.

Bob
Old September 15th 11, 06:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nick c[_5_]

bm wrote:
I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
Is there anyone who would want them ?
Blair

Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
fun the camera.

Old September 15th 11, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_4_]

"nick c" wrote in message
:
bm wrote:

I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
Is there anyone who would want them ?
Blair

Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
fun [with] the camera.

I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
"give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography! ;-)
Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
12mm lens on it...;-)
--DR

Old September 15th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nick c[_5_]

David Ruether wrote:

"nick c" wrote in message
:
bm wrote:

[...]

I fully accept the ease and technical wonders of digital photography as
opposed to the era of film but I have to say, in my opinion, I think
film with its subtle capability, was a more artistically creative media
which depended upon the technical knowledge and intuitiveness of the
photographer.
Old September 15th 11, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:04 +0000, "David Ruether"
wrote:
:
:
: "nick c" wrote in message
: :
: bm wrote:
:
: I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
: them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
: Is there anyone who would want them ?
: Blair
:
: Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
: F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
: stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
: something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
: fun [with] the camera.
:
: I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
: "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
: of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
: and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography! ;-)
: Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
: 12mm lens on it...;-)
: --DR

My wife and I have a ghastly Statue-of-Liberty radio that my mother gave us at
the time of the U.S. Bicentennial in 1976. But we recognized immediately that
it's a prime example of over-the-top Bicentennial kitsch, and we have
preserved it in mint condition in its original package. I predict that someday
our grandchildren will cash it in for a princely sum.

Bob
Old September 16th 11, 10:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:41:48 -0700, nick c
wrote:

David Ruether wrote:

"nick c" wrote in message
:
bm wrote:

[...]

But not as good as watercolour.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old September 16th 11, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_4_]

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:04 +0000, "David Ruether"
wrote:
: "nick c" wrote in message
: :
: bm wrote:

[...]

8^)
So, I see that you've been watching too many episodes of
"Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", "Antiques Roadshow", etc.
Sometimes "junque" really is junk...;-) (Although the
rusted out, holey, beaten-up stuff pulled out of falling-
down barns, etc. on "American Pickers" and supposedly
regularly sold for high prices does make one wonder...;-)
--DR