OT :::: Microtek ArtixScan 4000tf (?)

Old August 22nd 04, 06:21 PM
Rich Pos

Default OT :::: Microtek ArtixScan 4000tf (?)

Searching for a scanner to replace my ancient but still working SCSI
HP-S10.

Narrowed my choices to this scanner...

MFR. site
http://www.microtekusa.com/as4000tf.html

B&H
http://tinyurl.com/3lkpj

Seems a good value. Not a lot of user reviews out there but most seem
positive. Ice is not an issue for me so I think the SDR in the bundled
Silverfast 6.1 software will be enough for the rare times I need auto
dust/scratch removal. Also comes bundled with Q60 target, calibration
software and firewire card/cables.

Any comments on this scanner or other scanners in the $600 price
range?

Posted in the scanner groups but there seems to be no activity at all
there.

Thanks,

RPŠ
Old August 22nd 04, 08:28 PM
Alan Browne

Rich Pos wrote:

Posted in the scanner groups but there seems to be no activity at all
there.

comp.periphs.scanners is a pretty lively group. I don't see a
post from you there ...

Cheers,
Alan

Old August 22nd 04, 09:46 PM
Rich Pos

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:28:30 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

Rich Pos wrote:

Posted in the scanner groups but there seems to be no activity at all
there.

comp.periphs.scanners is a pretty lively group. I don't see a
post from you there ...

Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanners
Is this the same group? No activity since posting last night.

RPŠ
Old August 22nd 04, 10:59 PM
Matt Clara

wrote:

Rich Pos wrote:

Posted in the scanner groups but there seems to be no activity at all
there.

comp.periphs.scanners is a pretty lively group. I don't see a
post from you there ...

Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanners
Is this the same group? No activity since posting last night.

RPŠ

Nope--they're two separate groups.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old August 22nd 04, 11:58 PM
Rich Pos

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:59:15 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

Nope--they're two separate groups.

Noted and reposted.
Thanks.

RPŠ

Old August 23rd 04, 12:59 AM
Alan Browne

wrote:

Rich Pos wrote:

Posted in the scanner groups but there seems to be no activity at all
there.

comp.periphs.scanners is a pretty lively group. I don't see a
post from you there ...

Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanners
Is this the same group? No activity since posting last night.

....nope, the one to hit is comp.periphs.scanners ... every day
there are many postings...