Color Science

Old November 7th 18, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Color Science

Something on-topic for a change: U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...uwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

Eric Stevens
Old November 8th 18, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Something on-topic for a change: U Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...&fbclid=IwAR37
9N
Ie
scWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

It just shows that most (not all) of us are biased in justifying, and
reinforcing the choices we made when making camera purchase decisions.

That said, I have few complaints with my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and
while two years ago, I was second guessing myself by not going with a D500,
am more than happy with my X-T3.

...and thanks for posting something on topic. ;-)

BTW: There was no need to use the full URL, or tinyurl if you just go to the
Youtube *Share* option and copy the already shortened Youtube URL, like this.

https://youtu.be/EMfCDujQywY

or truncate it past the &featu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfCDujQywY

except that it's shillboy, and therefore not worth watching.
Old November 8th 18, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 7, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

Something on-topic for a change: U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...d=IwAR37 9NIe
scWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

It just shows that most (not all) of us are biased in justifying, and
reinforcing the choices we made when making camera purchase decisions.

That said, I have few complaints with my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and
while two years ago, I was second guessing myself by not going with a D500, I
am more than happy with my X-T3.

....and thanks for posting something on topic. ;-)

Savageduck

Old November 8th 18, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 7, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...lid=IwAR37 9N

Old November 8th 18, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 7, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 15:37:51 UTC-5, Eric Stevens wrote:
Something on-topic for a change: U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...lid=IwAR37 9N
IescWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

The thing is GARBAGE.

What thing, is GARBAGE?

Your response is a tad vague.

Savageduck

Old November 8th 18, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 7, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

Something on-topic for a change: U Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...&fbclid=IwAR37
9N
Ie
scWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

It just shows that most (not all) of us are biased in justifying, and
reinforcing the choices we made when making camera purchase decisions.

That said, I have few complaints with my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and
while two years ago, I was second guessing myself by not going with a D500,
I am more than happy with my X-T3.

...and thanks for posting something on topic. ;-)

BTW: There was no need to use the full URL, or tinyurl if you just go to the
Youtube *Share* option and copy the already shortened Youtube URL, like
this.

https://youtu.be/EMfCDujQywY

or truncate it past the &featu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfCDujQywY

except that it's shillboy, and therefore not worth watching.

That is another issue all together.

Savageduck

Old November 8th 18, 10:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 19:07:36 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

I found it interesting. It's not actually about color but peoples
perception of color and color preferences. It's more psychology than
photography. There is quite a lot to be learned from it.

Eric Stevens
Old November 8th 18, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I found it interesting. It's not actually about color but peoples
perception of color and color preferences. It's more psychology than
photography. There is quite a lot to be learned from it.

there's nothing at all to be learned from it, especially since he has
no understanding himself.

the entire video could be summarized as different cameras when set to
their default settings produce jpegs that look different.
Old November 8th 18, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I found it interesting. It's not actually about color but peoples
perception of color and color preferences. It's more psychology than
photography. There is quite a lot to be learned from it.

there's nothing at all to be learned from it, especially since he has
no understanding himself.

the entire video could be summarized as different cameras when set to
their default settings produce jpegs that look different.

...but, the result, regardless of the actual IQ/color fidelity of the various
prints was an indication of individual manufacturer bias among those who
responded to his test. It didn¹t actually matter which cameras were used,
or even if different cameras were used. What mattered was that those polled
believed that different cameras were used, and that they believed that the
prints were the product of the cameras on the labeled prints.

people believe all sorts of things. this is not news.

This was much the same as a blind wine tasting where due to mixed/changed
labels, tasters are confused between a bottle of Trader Joe¹s *Two Buck
Chuck* and a $50 bottle.

one of the better ones was where red food coloring was added to white
wine and fooled wine experts.

it's also the same nonsense audiophiles spew, such as one speaker cable
sounding better than another, something that is electrically
impossible.

people are very easily influenced.

As Eric said, this actually had nothing to do with photography, or actual
*color science*, but the particular brand biases/prejudices of the group of
tested testers. So it had nothing to do with Northrup¹s photographic
knowledge, lack thereof, or how much the Northrups might be shills for any
particular brand.

in other words, nothing useful.

and he was shilling, just not for a particular product. at the end of
the video, he hyped a link via his tracking service, the results of
which he then markets to advertisers. he could have given the direct
link, but then he would not get paid as much.
Old November 8th 18, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 8, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I found it interesting. It's not actually about color but peoples
perception of color and color preferences. It's more psychology than
photography. There is quite a lot to be learned from it.

there's nothing at all to be learned from it, especially since he has
no understanding himself.

the entire video could be summarized as different cameras when set to
their default settings produce jpegs that look different.

....but, the result, regardless of the actual IQ/color fidelity of the various
prints was an indication of individual manufacturer bias among those who
responded to his test. It didn’t actually matter which cameras were used,
or even if different cameras were used. What mattered was that those polled
believed that different cameras were used, and that they believed that the
prints were the product of the cameras on the labeled prints.

This was much the same as a blind wine tasting where due to mixed/changed
labels, tasters are confused between a bottle of Trader Joe’s *Two Buck
Chuck* and a $50 bottle.

As Eric said, this actually had nothing to do with photography, or actual
*color science*, but the particular brand biases/prejudices of the group of
tested testers. So it had nothing to do with Northrup’s photographic