What alternatives to Canon 710S ?

Old November 7th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
[email protected]

Default What alternatives to Canon 710S ?

I'm going to replace my ancient Canon A50 and find the features I
like on the Canon 710 IS.

I could live with less meg and zoom, though not too much less.
I really like the optical view finder, image stabilization, manual
zoom control and ability to privilege aperture or time.
Have I missed any other cameras with a similar set of features?

thanks for your advice
Matthew Hill

Old January 23rd 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
QX

I have been using the A710 IS for several months. No problems, and
good results. I use it mostly for hiking & rock scrambling photos.
Compact size, fast response and like you say, has the features I like
for when I can take the time to get the photo just right. Many of what
I shoot have to be quick due to precarious positions, balance, etc.
Works very well in AUTO mode.