Rainbow From an Airplane

Old May 29th 17, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
m-m

Default Rainbow From an Airplane

This is actually a cellphone pic but I thought it warranted posting
here.
Awaiting comments.
Thanks,
m-m
http://mhmyers.com/new/img_5724sm.jpg
Old May 29th 17, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
David B.

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
This is actually a cellphone pic but I thought it warranted posting
here.
Awaiting comments.
Thanks,
m-m
http://mhmyers.com/new/img_5724sm.jpg

Wow! A great capture - I've never before seen how a rainbow looks from
an aircraft!

I've taken the opportunity to have a stroll around your web site too.
I'm very impressed at the quality of your work and with your complete
openness. I'm sharing my post with 'my' Usenet group to demonstrate how
'good guys' behave on the Internet.

I really enjoyed the video he-

http://mhmyers.com/camera.html

Thank you for sharing, 'm-m' :-)

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old May 29th 17, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
newshound

On 5/29/2017 3:18 PM, David B. wrote:
On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
This is actually a cellphone pic but I thought it warranted posting
here.
Awaiting comments.
Thanks,
m-m
http://mhmyers.com/new/img_5724sm.jpg

Wow! A great capture - I've never before seen how a rainbow looks from
an aircraft!

I've taken the opportunity to have a stroll around your web site too.
I'm very impressed at the quality of your work and with your complete
openness. I'm sharing my post with 'my' Usenet group to demonstrate how
'good guys' behave on the Internet.

I really enjoyed the video he-

http://mhmyers.com/camera.html

Thank you for sharing, 'm-m' :-)

+1. But surely the video is a goldfinch and a greenfinch?
Old May 29th 17, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
m-m

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
This is actually a cellphone pic but I thought it warranted posting
here.
Awaiting comments.
Thanks,
m-m
http://mhmyers.com/new/img_5724sm.jpg

Wow! A great capture - I've never before seen how a rainbow looks from
an aircraft!

I've taken the opportunity to have a stroll around your web site too.
I'm very impressed at the quality of your work and with your complete
openness. I'm sharing my post with 'my' Usenet group to demonstrate how
'good guys' behave on the Internet.

I really enjoyed the video he-

http://mhmyers.com/camera.html

Thank you for sharing, 'm-m' :-)

+1. But surely the video is a goldfinch and a greenfinch?

I do believe they are a pair of goldfinches, the female on the right.
I don't think greenfinches are common in NE US where this is from.

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com
Old May 30th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
newshound

On 5/29/2017 9:44 PM, m-m wrote:

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
[...]

OK. It's been a while since I watched a lot of birds and kept a book
ready to hand for identification purposes. Here in the UK, greenfinches
are relatively common (IIRC the sexes are very similar) while
goldfinches are normally a rare treat (at least to this casual birder).
Old May 30th 17, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Geoff Realname[_2_]

On 30/05/2017 15:51, newshound wrote:
On 5/29/2017 9:44 PM, m-m wrote:

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
[...]

[alt.comp.workshop removed: OT there, I would imagine]

UK here too. The bird on the left is definitely not what the UK would
know as a goldfinch http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b020tp6d , and I'm
not sure about the one on the right: this is our greenfinch, but the one
in the vid could be female I suppose
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sbyhp . Where I live (edge of town)
goldfinches are increasingly common, while it is getting rare to see
house sparrows.

--
I would be unstoppable if I could get started.
Old May 30th 17, 05:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-30 16:07:59 +0000, Geoff Realname said:

On 30/05/2017 15:51, newshound wrote:
On 5/29/2017 9:44 PM, m-m wrote:

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
[...]

Both birds in the video are American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis). The
one on the left is a summer plumage (breeding) male, and the one on the
right is a summer plumage female.
http://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/american-goldfinch

Savageduck

Old May 30th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-30 16:07:59 +0000, Geoff Realname said:

On 30/05/2017 15:51, newshound wrote:
On 5/29/2017 9:44 PM, m-m wrote:

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
[...]

BTW: Here in North America we also have Lawrence's Goldfinch (Spinus
lawrencei) and the Lesser Goldfinch (Spinus psaltria). The birds in the

Old May 31st 17, 11:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Geoff Realname[_2_]

On 2017-05-30 16:21:22 +0000, Savageduck

On 2017-05-30 16:07:59 +0000, Geoff Realname
said:

On 30/05/2017 15:51, newshound wrote:
On 5/29/2017 9:44 PM, m-m wrote:

On 29/05/2017 14:49, m-m wrote:
[...]

Excellent: thanks! UK goldfinch is Carduelis carduelis; I don't think we
have any Spinus birds, but am open to correction.

--
I would be unstoppable if I could get started.
Old July 6th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.uk.law
Shadow

On Mon, 29 May 2017 09:49:55 -0400, m-m wrote:

This is actually a cellphone pic but I thought it warranted posting
here.
Awaiting comments.
Thanks,
m-m
http://mhmyers.com/new/img_5724sm.jpg

Nice pic, gratz. I've seen rainbows from airplane windows, but
never thought to photograph them. That's the difference between a pro
and an amateur, an amateur thinks, "hey, that would have made a nice
pic". After the fact. Happens to me all the time..

A friendly word of advice.

Do not give ANY personal information to this individual. He is
not in the least interested in photography. He will ask you to stalk
for him, and if you refuse write to your employers/spouse/children in
revenge. Check his history of posts if you don't believe me.
HTH
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Help with missing rainbow tcroyer Digital SLR Cameras 12 November 12th 10 04:39 PM
Airplane Photos tony cooper Digital Photography 3 February 28th 10 03:09 AM
Rainbow? eugene Digital Photography 8 September 7th 07 08:19 PM
Rainbow paul Digital Photography 5 March 9th 05 10:55 AM
Rainbow paul Digital Photography 0 January 13th 05 10:45 PM